User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:03:08
Print Post

PlusNet Forum

[link to this post]

Good Afternoon,

I can't remember if I have asked this one before (so it maybe one for PN staff to answer)

I manage all the technical aspects of my fathers Telephone and Broadband which is with PlusNet.

Previously he has been with BT and TalkTalk who have both allowed me to register on their Forums despite me not being the account holder.

Will PlusNet allow this? I have authorisation on his account to ring them whenever needed.

Thanks in advance.

CJT.

On NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:08:21
Print Post

Re: PlusNet Forum

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

There appear to be no requirements to be a customer in order to create an account on the forum. Whether they will discuss specific accounts with you is a different question but presumably that wouldn't normally be done in an open forum anyway?
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:13:02
Print Post

What Ian said!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:55:24
Print Post

I would get permission to post as your father and do so.
Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:33:59
Print Post

They opened up the forums to the public when they transitioned from SMF? to Lithium (previously you had to be a customer to be able to create a forum acct) , so there'll be no problem in posting on there

Edited by Davey_H (Tue 14-Nov-17 15:35:54)

Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Nov-17 19:02:30
Print Post

I can't advise how it would work with a broadband account but when I wanted to discuss my better half's mobile phone account they just needed a couple of security questions to be answered via PM before providing the information as I was a nominated contact
The one thing they normally insist on is contacting the account holder if a cost is involved which isn't a problem on Chat but is over the phone for negotiating a discounted price as an example
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Tue 14-Nov-17 19:26:07
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
There appear to be no requirements to be a customer in order to create an account on the forum. Whether they will discuss specific accounts with you is a different question but presumably that wouldn't normally be done in an open forum anyway?

Thanks I signed up..

CJT-80 on PN Forum

CJT.

On NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
  Print Thread

Jump to