User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User white43
(committed) Tue 21-Nov-17 11:45:59
Print Post

House move

[link to this post]

I'm moving to a house with no line and I am currently with Plusnet with 80/20 fibre extra.

Rang Plusnet and they're going to install a new line and put me on a 2 yr contract so I pay no fees for the move. They sent me a new Plusnet One Hub as well.

So, they've booked me an engineer a couple days after I move in. I've asked them the same question 3 times, which they fail or don't want to answer:

Will the fibre service go live on the same day the line is installed? Does anybody know? The support tickets raised all around this install seemed to imply this. There was something about,

"Please bear in mind that, on rare occasions, a simultaneous broadband order can fail. If this happens we will let you know and place a standard broadband order for you."

Thanks

Virgin ADSL > F2S > Enta/ADSL24 > O-Bit/Vivaciti > AAISP > Sky > Plusnet
Plusnet Fibre Unlimited
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Nov-17 12:49:41
Print Post

Re: House move

[re: white43] [link to this post]

So looks like if it all goes well it will be all done on the same day...but as they say things can go wrong

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User johnclarke12
(newbie) Thu 04-Jan-18 17:58:27
Print Post

[re: white43] [link to this post]

I contacted PN on the 15th November regarding our impending house move on the 24th November and I was advised that the service wouldn't go live until after we had moved which wasn't a problem. To cut a long story short our Fibre Broadband actually went live on the 2nd Jan so we have been without service for 5 weeks and after lots of failed CS promises from PN. From being a very happy customer my opinion had changed significantly due to the poor customer service response.

However I have contacted them today and I have to say that whilst I understand that PN rely on Openreach and who have no concept of customer service I was very unhappy having paid for the service that wasn't provided. This was dealt with very quickly today and offered a refund for the broadband rental for 2 months plus an agreement of another couple of months free rental for the inconvenience and the additional costs we incurred in having to use mobile broadband.

Therefore I'd like to thank Michael Stainsby in the Customer Service team for the efficient way he dealt with my complaint today and restored some of my faith in the PN customer service team.

In reply to a post by white43:
I'm moving to a house with no line and I am currently with Plusnet with 80/20 fibre extra.

Rang Plusnet and they're going to install a new line and put me on a 2 yr contract so I pay no fees for the move. They sent me a new Plusnet One Hub as well.

So, they've booked me an engineer a couple days after I move in. I've asked them the same question 3 times, which they fail or don't want to answer:

Will the fibre service go live on the same day the line is installed? Does anybody know? The support tickets raised all around this install seemed to imply this. There was something about,

"Please bear in mind that, on rare occasions, a simultaneous broadband order can fail. If this happens we will let you know and place a standard broadband order for you."

Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User longedge
(committed) Thu 04-Jan-18 20:45:22
Print Post

[re: johnclarke12] [link to this post]

That's good news. Pretty much in line with my experience of dealing with CS agents but I have also found that you need to watch and make sure that what has been promised actually happens, their accounting procedures sometimes seem to have a mind of their own 8^).

Print Thread

Jump to