User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BranH
(newbie) Tue 12-Dec-17 10:29:09
Print Post

New John Lewis user queries

[link to this post]

Just switched from BT due to the price rise. Not a stellar start, router still not arrived,24 hours between BT deactivating and John Lewis activating.
Dug out older router to get active. Noticed considerably slower than BT. Speed test shows profile limit of 2Mbs (adslmax) whilst sync speed just over 5Mbs. The speed estimate was low as openreach's database is wrong, could they set a limit based on estimate, or will normal DLM action occur after a few days and lift the speed?
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Tue 12-Dec-17 11:01:36
Print Post

Re: New John Lewis user queries

[re: BranH] [link to this post]

I would assume that you've been placed on a "Standard" profile that every customer is set to when they switch. Hopefully, over the next few days, DLM will increase the speed back to what you had with BT, assuming that John Lewis doesn't use a different profile and/or line conditions haven't significantly changed.

William Grimsley.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Dec-17 11:56:03
Print Post

If the profile is wrong you should be able to contact JL and get them to change it immediately.

Michael Chare

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Dec-17 14:00:57
Print Post

Get in touch with JL/PN CS and tell them the router hasn't arrived yet, I signed up on a Sunday evening and the Sagemcom 2704n router arrived by Royal Mail the following Wednesday, after that it took quite a while to get the phone and BB sorted but I was never without the use of either.

My previous ISP was Plusnet and John Lewis BB and phone is provided by Plusnet so I guess that was the issue, internal conflict tongue

Edit: My ADSL connection is just as it was with Plusnet no better or worse.

The router is basic as is the GUI, you can see a bit more info with this link:

http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html

John Lewis Broadband

Edited by Apprentice (Tue 12-Dec-17 14:06:27)

Standard User BranH
(newbie) Tue 12-Dec-17 16:34:08
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

According to the online system is says
"10:05am, Tuesday 12th December 2017
Order placed for hardware bundle"
So I think that will explain why the router hasn't arrived. Basic router will do fine as all house wifi etc done separately anyway.
  Print Thread

Jump to