User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Sir_Jasper
(regular) Sat 06-Jan-18 14:29:35
Print Post

Re: Contract renewal experience

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

How generous are the Plusnet retention team? I usually hop from Isp to Isp. I first had Plusnet Fibre in April 2014 then went to TalkTalk then back to Plusnet. I've never contacted the retention department. As soon as I was out of contract I would find the best deal (usually with the help of Quidco) and switch. My current Plusnet contract ends the beginning of May - so I am now looking around at the prices of the main competition. At the moment I could get 38MB fibre with Vodafone for £20 a month for 18 months. So if this is available come May this is where I will probably move. Would this be the type of deal that Plusnet would match?

Edited by Sir_Jasper (Sat 06-Jan-18 14:31:17)

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Jan-18 16:41:22
Print Post

[re: Sir_Jasper] [link to this post]

I think they could get pretty close to that or match it. Vodafone's website says £22.50 for new customers and £20 for existing customers (an interesting and welcome development), are you sure you'd get it for £20? I also note that their FTTC is cheaper than their ADSL.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 06-Jan-18 17:07:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by kasg:
I think they could get pretty close to that or match it. Vodafone's website says £22.50 for new customers and £20 for existing customers (an interesting and welcome development), are you sure you'd get it for £20?

"Existing customer" in this context means an existing Vodafone mobile phone customer. I'm assuming getting a PAYG SIM, topping up once and sending a text once every three months is enough to qualify.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Jan-18 17:11:31
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
"Existing customer" in this context means an existing Vodafone mobile phone customer.

Thanks, I did wonder about that after I posted.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 06-Jan-18 17:12:47
Print Post

I just checked and unfortunately it has to be a contract Vodafone SIM to qualify.

Oliver.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 06-Jan-18 17:29:59
Print Post

The pricing varies by exchange. If there are no LLU operators, Plusnet, unlike John Lewis, are very expensive which is why I am now a Vodafone customer using my own, rather than the Vodafone, router.

Michael Chare
Standard User Sir_Jasper
(regular) Sat 06-Jan-18 17:31:50
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

The £20 was signing up to Vodafone by clinking through the link on "uSwitch.com" and it was also £20 by going to Vodafone via ".broadbandchoices.co.uk"
When my contract with Plusnet is up my monthly bill will go to £34 its £24 at the moment, I did pay the line rental upfront for a year when I started , so I was paying the equivalent of about £20 a month for the first 12 months of the 18. The monthly charge for 38MB fibre was £5 (£10 off a month for 18 months)

Edited by Sir_Jasper (Sat 06-Jan-18 18:29:48)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 06-Jan-18 18:07:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Sir_Jasper:
How generous are the Plusnet retention team?
Try them. Though if they are like the rest of the "admin" side of Plusnet they won't be working Saturday or Sunday.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74145/13476Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Sir_Jasper
(regular) Sat 06-Jan-18 18:15:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I will give them ago closer to the end of contract (with about a week to go). Hopefully armed with a Vodafone deal like the one that is available at the moment - it may give me some leverage.
I was just interested in what kind of offers leaving customers have got. And the likelihood of them going as low as £20 a month for 18 months.

Edited by Sir_Jasper (Sat 06-Jan-18 18:19:01)

Standard User ironman12345
(member) Sat 06-Jan-18 19:17:45
Print Post

IMO the contract part is the problem , if that part of the deal was not possible then the companies would try harder to keep the customer.
The point is that if you could leave them on a monthly basis they would have to give the lowest offer possible up front.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to