User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bluetroll
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Feb-18 11:40:41
Print Post

Merging of BT brands?

[link to this post]

Someone elsewhere posted a link to this BT page

Were bringing together our BT, EE and Plusnet brands to create the UKs largest provider of fixed-voice, broadband and mobile services. Itll take effect from 1 April 2018.

Not heard anything previously, have I missed something? Any comments or inside knowledge?

"The problem with stuff that is meant to be idiotproof is that it immediately stimulates the development of new and improved idiots"
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Feb-18 11:47:15
Print Post

Re: Merging of BT brands?

[re: bluetroll] [link to this post]

Intriguing. You would have thought they would be telling their customers if something significant is going to change in less than 2 months time.
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Tue 06-Feb-18 12:08:35
Print Post

Maybe BT are getting in their April fools day joke early this year?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Tue 06-Feb-18 12:30:47
Print Post

Nothing new.

It was announced last July (https://www.btplc.com/Sharesandperformance/Quarterly...):

Our new Consumer business will operate our three distinct brands; BT, EE and Plusnet; to leverage our position as the largest and only fully converged player in the market, spanning fixed and mobile networks, consumer products and services as well as content.

Edited by AndyHCZ (Tue 06-Feb-18 12:31:34)

Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Tue 06-Feb-18 12:33:04
Print Post

Though this post suggests they're continuing as three separate brands

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/BT-Me...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Feb-18 12:59:10
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

https://www.btplc.com/Sharesandperformance/Quarterly...

Yeap had just popped back to say nothing new.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bluetroll
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Feb-18 14:18:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks folks for your replies. So it doesn't appear to have any direct effect on the "brands". (Yet?) The statement I quoted I read to suggest a merging of the brands rather a reorganising of the upper echelons of management.

"The problem with stuff that is meant to be idiotproof is that it immediately stimulates the development of new and improved idiots"
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Feb-18 15:04:42
Print Post

It seems that the brands remain.

Interesting that Andy Baker retains the title of "CEO Plusnet", under the new structure Marc Allera is the overall boss so Andy Baker will be more of a Managing Director than a CEO.

Oliver.
Standard User bob_lucas
(learned) Tue 06-Feb-18 15:14:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by bluetroll:
Someone elsewhere posted a link to this BT page

Were bringing together our BT, EE and Plusnet brands to create the UKs largest provider of fixed-voice, broadband and mobile services. Itll take effect from 1 April 2018.

Not heard anything previously, have I missed something? Any comments or inside knowledge?

That link took me to the BT Corporate page, which is aimed at investors and the Stock Exchange. It merely identifies the various business divisions within BT Group plc. The BT, EE and PlusNet brands will come under the umbrella of the company's Consumer division, in the same way that Openreach is another, entirely separate division.

One or more directors will probably have overall responsibility for the management of the Consumer division and will drive policy decisions within that division. But that does not mean BT, EE and PlusNet (which are separate business) will merge or operate differently after 1 April 2018.
Standard User meldrew
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Feb-18 17:51:35
Print Post

Using different brandings is a typical marketing strategy. BT seem to be standalone whereas PN run services for companies such as John Lewis. JL oc course use this piggybacking to expand their business. Not sure that this would work if everything was merged into BT. Not sure either how the customer would react too as for all its criticism there are a lot worse CS departments than PN!

There has been an interesting development with Vodafone recently. Their cheap and cheerful brand TalkMobile has now been merged fully into the parent company with higher prices for TM customers. I just see an increase in "churn" but that seems to be the way it all works nowadays.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to