User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Feb-18 09:53:28
Print Post

Re: Merging of BT brands?

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
It seems that the brands remain.

Interesting that Andy Baker retains the title of "CEO Plusnet", under the new structure Marc Allera is the overall boss so Andy Baker will be more of a Managing Director than a CEO.

If they changed anything they would lose customers, certainly if they put the price of Plusnet up to the extortionate BT prices.

I said before I would never go back to Bt itself and while i know BT owns plusnet it is still not the same as BT old service. If it ever got to be like that I would be gone. i do have over 12 months left on my contract, but I assume if they made such a drastic change I could get out early.

plusnet at the moment is offing me an ok service, now the connection problem is sorted out, I presume it have been as i have not had any downtime for a couple of months and the price of my mobile phone service from plusnet is good compared to others.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Feb-18 17:53:51
Print Post

[re: bluetroll] [link to this post]

This will means a price rise - if not my contract is with plusnet so if BT do this then I can leave as my contract wont be with the new company.

I am sure that is right
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 08-Feb-18 18:08:09
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Did you read the links people posted, no signs that this will mean a price rise, other than the usual traditional annual price rises.

On your contract thing, if (and this is not what is happening) PlusNet was to pass on your contract to BT so long as service delivery and pricing remain same you have no option to leave, this story has been played out many times as providers have bulk sold customers when wanting to leave different segments of the market.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Feb-18 15:10:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

But that's okay so I am sure it will happen soon.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Feb-18 10:47:16
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I'd guarantee there will be price rises "soon" - but not necessarily as a direct result of this.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Feb-18 13:48:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Any idea whether this merge will now make Plusnet subject to the Ofcom margin squeeze test applied to BT's consumer products? In which case a price rise will not just be likely, but obligated.

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Feb-18 16:53:22
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

You'd have to ask Ofcom that question

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kevinrduke
(regular) Mon 19-Feb-18 21:03:05
Print Post

[re: bluetroll] [link to this post]

I Don't know if it just me or the means anything but speedtest.net and WhatsmyIp now show:

ISP: British Telecommunications PLC even though I with Plusnet
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 20-Feb-18 00:09:35
Print Post

[re: kevinrduke] [link to this post]

That may just be your current IP address was registered to them. There is a lot of intermingling now IPv4 addresses have run out.

How often do you re-sync? Check next time smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User kevinrduke
(regular) Tue 20-Feb-18 06:38:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have a Static IP address, the same one for 4 years.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to