User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Mar-18 14:32:29
Print Post

Re: Customer service team unreachable

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Interested in hearing more on which legal TV services are blocked by court order.

I didn't say legal services were being blocked by a court order - however for some reason Plusnet block a few such as NowTV (on my line anyway) when the EPL games are on - Either that or the NOWTv service go down at the same time as IPTV and other not so legal services.

That said - IPTV is a copyright issue and is not in itself illegal. Only a sharer on P2P can be prosecuted - No one has ever been done for watching KODI - it was the people selling and distributing KODI that were.

The DEA seems to target pirates and then only the big ones - if the media and their own website is to be believed.

Anyway the whole point of my post is that some legal services are being blocked, obviously wrongly by my ISP so I am moving to one that does not -

AS for your point about an ISP in court etc - AAISP does not even block pirate bay - so should they have their day?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Mar-18 14:38:04
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

"90% of IPTV services, legal or not - get blocked by the ISP's when there are premier league football matches on"

Maybe I have misread what you said, but I took legal or not to refer to both legal and copyright infringing sites both being blocked.

I think if NOWTV was being blocked ISP wide whenever a EPL game was on people might notice, maybe its just you.

The Pirate Bay orders are served to specific ISPs so if AAISP was added to one of those then you would find out your answer, as what they would do when presented with a court order.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Mar-18 15:01:08
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
That said - IPTV is a copyright issue and is not in itself illegal. Only a sharer on P2P can be prosecuted - No one has ever been done for watching KODI - it was the people selling and distributing KODI that were.

Nobody's been prosecuted for distributing KODI as its open source software you can download. They were prosecuted for "making available unlicensed content" which is quite different.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - 2 Jun 14 - Sync at 21/Oct/17: 63,430/9,688 - G.INP & 2.6 dB SNRm
19 years broadband since 1999's ntl:cable modem trial - Now using Asus RT-AC88U with BT HG612 - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 24-Mar-18 21:05:33
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:

Nobody's been prosecuted for distributing KODI as its open source software you can download. They were prosecuted for "making available unlicensed content" which is quite different.

indeed, thats what I meant - Not many people think of Kodi as just software - it's always thought of with all the channels.

I know you can't get done for just the software - not stupid.
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Mar-18 19:19:00
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

ignore the sig not been with aaisp for 2 years maybe

i'll actually change it now

i managed after a 45min wait to get through to someone

but i think people need to understand i want to get through when its convenient to me

not the other way around

anyways house move was successful and no mess up so thats grand.

EDIT: lol how did this chat spiral into something completely different.

Plusnet FTTC - 80/20 *TP-Link W9980*
Three - 4G *Huawei Honor 8*

Edited by epyon (Mon 26-Mar-18 19:20:18)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Apr-18 10:32:58
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
i want to get through when its convenient to me

Which was the number 1 thing people used to say to me when I worked there and did nights - the convenience of anytime help. Had some good chats with people on nights - and earned some fairly good money

BT are 24/7 and Plusnet were but BT killed it to probably save money.
The mind boggles.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to