User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gregormac
(regular) Tue 20-Mar-18 09:05:24
Print Post

Plusnet have really sunk to a new low this time *DELETED* *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by gregormac
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Mar-18 09:26:38
Print Post

Re: Plusnet have really sunk to a new low this time

[re: gregormac] [link to this post]

First of all condolences for your loss.

Did they ask for a copy of the executor documentation/death certificate? If those were provided then they should deal with you but may not without that being demonstrated.
Standard User gregormac
(regular) Tue 20-Mar-18 09:29:15
Print Post

Re: Plusnet have really sunk to a new low this time *DELETED*

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Post deleted by gregormac

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-Mar-18 09:53:54
Print Post

It's terrible having to deal with these things after someone has died and I have had to do it too many times, but I'm not sure that "sunk to a new low" is entirely justified here as it is hard to see what they did wrong. Why should they change anything without any evidence and without any security details, such as a password? They should have let you know what details they required in the absence of a password, and hopefully they would have done had you not terminated the chat. You have my sympathy, take a deep breath and try again.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 75433/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Mar-18 10:02:33
Print Post

If your father was paying by DD then when you tell the bank about the death the a/c will be frozen if it was not a joint a/c. Maybe after a few days you could call Plusnet again, likely you will speak to someone different and you will be more used to the situation.

Michael Chare
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 20-Mar-18 10:03:52
Print Post

Sorry to hear about the death of your father.

However, changing the account name to “The late” isn’t quite the same as changing it to yourself. The first does not change “the ownership”. The second does.

In the case of the insurance companies, if you have already registered the death with the local registrar, especially with the one-step system I used when my wife died, they probably had immediate online access to check it was true.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 76102/14089Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User robertcrowther
(committed) Tue 20-Mar-18 11:13:29
Print Post

Firstly I must say that I'm so sorry for your loss.

Secondly, I would not use the online chat systems for this purpose. Most companies these days employ people from home to deal with the online chat. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but they may not have the full training or empathy to deal with such a sensitive matter.

Thirdly, In dealing with this type of sensitive matter it would be better to write letters to all concerned to let them know the passing of your father and to say that you are executor and any dealings will be going through yourself. It's not just less stressful to do it this way, it's also better to have things in writing in case any problems arise. It's also the way a solicitor would deal with it.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 20-Mar-18 12:42:09
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

Looks like he thinks this is also the least helpful forum ever as well now frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 76102/14089Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Mar-18 13:09:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I would guess he may feel that airing the issue on a public forum is not going to help with his emotional state and has therefore withdrawn but only he knows for sure.
Standard User meldrew
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Mar-18 19:35:13
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Very few compamies train their CS staff to handle these issues. When my father in law died we had to deal with his house a good distance away and spent a lot of time there. PN provided a short term account that I could use when dealing with his affairs.

The absolute classic was BT who kept the phone number live. When we finally closed it off they wrote a letter to him sayin "sorry you are leaving. We hope you will come back again soon" It could be a long wait!

To our surprise the most considerate staff were the DVLA when we sold his car. They could not have been more helpful.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to