User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(committed) Thu 22-Mar-18 09:33:07
Print Post

Re: Plusnet have really sunk to a new low this time

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

After my wife died a while ago I learned that many people don't have the social skills to deal with the bereaved in a sympathetic way. Some are better than others but we must accept it as it is.
What we don't have to accept and indeed have a right to expect is that companies and agencies deal with us correctly and in accordance with the law. It sounds to me as if PlusNet were entirely correct in the way they dealt with the request.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Mar-18 17:15:14
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

I don't recall any problem cancelling my mothers BT phone line when she died. As the line was in a nursing home, it was important to do this promptly.

Michael Chare
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Mon 02-Apr-18 14:00:38
Print Post

[re: gregormac] [link to this post]

Firstly I am sorry to hear of your loss, and I can understand why you would want to get things sorted.

Secondly for anyone dealing with PlusNet following a death this is what they advise you to do:

We're very sorry to hear of your loss. To cancel the account you'll need to contact us either by writing to: Plusnet PLC, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2GU, or by emailing postroom@plus.net. Please attach a copy of the death certificate along with the account holder's name, phone number and address (to help us find the correct account). Also include your own contact details, in case we need to clarify anything. Alternatively, you can speak to our Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. We're available between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am and 7pm on Saturdays, then 9am and 6pm Sunday (except bank holidays).

It would appear that as they accept an e-mail that would be the "quickest" and perhaps least upsetting way to deal with the account.

As the original post has been deleted, I am not sure what it said.

Just thought it maybe helpful to add this.

CJT.

On NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps

Edited by CJT (Mon 02-Apr-18 21:10:36)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to