User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User richi
(member) Thu 29-Mar-18 09:46:46
Print Post

Re: At my wits end with Plusnet over a domain transfer.

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

But look to the future: In a few years' time, the old twin-level UK domain structure will be seen as old-skool. People will have got used to seeing example.uk, so will think of example.co.uk as being old and dusty, while example.uk is the shiny hotness.

It might even become a question of trust: "What is this example.co.uk? Is it a scam site trying to pretend to be my beloved example.uk?"

3 km line on THTG: 17/1.2 Mb/s with Plusnet Business.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky.
Standard User Jaowon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Mar-18 10:13:47
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

Thanks,

I've had a ticket update (171056704) saying they have updated the email address. I've had a quick look at the whois, and can see they have changed the registrant email address, but left the administrative and technical addresses as they were.

I'll attempt the transfer over the weekend again and see if the registrant address being correct is enough to receive the authorisation email.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Mar-18 19:40:14
Print Post

[re: richi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by richi:
But look to the future: In a few years' time, the old twin-level UK domain structure will be seen as old-skool. People will have got used to seeing example.uk, so will think of example.co.uk as being old and dusty, while example.uk is the shiny hotness.

It might even become a question of trust: "What is this example.co.uk? Is it a scam site trying to pretend to be my beloved example.uk?"

If that were going to happen it would have already begun and there is absolutely no sign of it. We are now nearly four years in and even Amazon is still not using it, despite all their other country domains being just one level.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 75433/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Mar-18 20:10:59
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
If that were going to happen it would have already begun and there is absolutely no sign of it. We are now nearly four years in and even Amazon is still not using it, despite all their other country domains being just one level.

That may change when any reserved .uk domains that have not been registered are released next year.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to