User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Apr-18 13:29:22
Print Post

Re: 3 to 5 days to change IP Profile

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:
I did get my ADSL line speed restored by Plusnet following a fault about 18 months ago, that way I avoided waiting a couple of days. There are no LLU operators at the exchange the line is connected to.

Aye ADSL is fine it's FTTC where the control is taken away. Glad to hear you got it sorted though smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Apr-18 16:00:40
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
... nowadays it's as Bob says. DLM can't be reset by Plusnet, ....
Except I didn't say that smile. I said they cannot change the IP Profile.

AIUI BT Wholesale do these days allow ISPs to do a DLM reset on ADSLx, though whether or not Plusnet avail themselves of that service I don't know. A BTW DLM reset would of course reset the IP Profile, but that wasn't what the OP was requesting. He posted the IP Profile, and that was fine.

Re FTTC, given that the IP Profile even on that comes from BT Wholesale, not the Openreach DLM, my theory for a long time has been that the Openreach DLM notifies the BTW DLM of the sync change, and from thereon the communication to the ISP is unchanged.

If I'm right then perhaps a BTW DLM reset even on FTTC (if the facility isn't disabled) could result in the IP Profile being corrected. (If it was wrong). More likely, as no re-sync at the cabinet would be triggered the sync field would be either zeroised or set to a maximum value. The former could be messy! Unless 0 is taken to mean open, no restriction.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 71097/14070Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Apr-18 18:37:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yeah like I said you said.. the ISP can't do it for FTTC only ADSL.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to