User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User axisofevil
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 20:07:41
Print Post

Stay away from Plusnet

[link to this post]

Stay away from Plusnet!

I've never seen an ISP increase broadband only prices.
Plusnet have increased prices of ALL broadband accounts (of which there are a large number).

Phone prices are increased across the board...
Luckily, I don't use Plusnet phones - and never will!

For sometime now, their usage monitor has reported rubbish, so unless your router reports traffic usage you may find it difficult to move to a limited usage account on a different ISP.

BTW Their email hasn't really worked properly for the last 2 years!

Jeremy

Edited by axisofevil (Wed 25-Apr-18 20:13:27)

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-18 20:39:54
Print Post

Re: Stay away from Plusnet

[re: axisofevil] [link to this post]

Pretty much all providers put their prices up annually especially as inflation is running at about 3%. I donít think this is a good reason to avoid plusnet, who are one of the cheaper providers.

Thereís good deals available though if you time any order correctly.

Kris

Sky Fibre
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User axisofevil
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 20:50:41
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

If you stay on an old contract, the price has never been increased - until now!
Obviously, capabilities of ancient contracts haven't improved.

Clearly phone prices are increased every year - but the broadband portion has not been increased.

I'm on an old fibre 80/20 contract taken out 6 years ago, which has not increased in price - until now.

I have my phone with BT - so I've had considerable price rises in that area.
I wouldn't trust Plusnet's accounting system to handle a bill that varies each month.

Basically, Plusnet are fairly cheap but only if you don't require any support.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jdigz7
(member) Wed 25-Apr-18 20:55:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by axisofevil:
Stay away from Plusnet!

I've never seen an ISP increase broadband only prices.
Plusnet have increased prices of ALL broadband accounts (of which there are a large number).

Phone prices are increased across the board...
Luckily, I don't use Plusnet phones - and never will!

For sometime now, their usage monitor has reported rubbish, so unless your router reports traffic usage you may find it difficult to move to a limited usage account on a different ISP.

BTW Their email hasn't really worked properly for the last 2 years!

Jeremy

Bargain bin ISP for bargain bin people. Considering how many ISP's offer new customer discount's and when a price rise comes you can migrate away to another ISP on a new deal if you are that worried about price rises.

in terms of internet pricing there was times when 3Mbit broadband used to cost >£50 alone.
Standard User axisofevil
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 21:35:12
Print Post

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

Thanks for the compliment.
Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Wed 25-Apr-18 23:25:29
Print Post

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jdigz7:
in terms of internet pricing there was times when 3Mbit broadband used to cost >£50 alone.

Back in Dec 2001 when I first got broadband I was paying £49 per month (dropped to £25 a few months later) for 512 kbit not including telephone rental - I think cheapest was BT at £40 per month.

Ken

Nostalgia is memory with the pain removed
Standard User jdigz7
(member) Thu 26-Apr-18 00:14:19
Print Post

[re: Kenneth] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kenneth:
In reply to a post by jdigz7:

Back in Dec 2001 when I first got broadband I was paying £49 per month (dropped to £25 a few months later) for 512 kbit not including telephone rental - I think cheapest was BT at £40 per month.

I never had the pleasure of adsl in early years was always Telewest cable went from 512K>1Mbit>2Mbit>3Mbit>10Mbit>20Mbit I believe.

I'm sure it used to cost close to 60-70 for 3Mbit at first
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Apr-18 02:10:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by axisofevil:
If you stay on an old contract, the price has never been increased - until now!
EE have done the same. Orders from Big Brother?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Apr-18 09:19:20
Print Post

[re: Kenneth] [link to this post]

I got on BT OpenWorld when 512Kb was £150 install and £50 per month (plus line rental). Amazing how much prices have come down as I now pay less than that for 80/20 and line rental included. Shame gas, electric, food, petrol, etc haven't come down in price or improved so much over the years.
Standard User 69bertie
(member) Thu 26-Apr-18 17:18:25
Print Post

Too true. I really cannot fault Plusnet for the money I pay. Been with them on the Unlimited Fibre Extra since I joined them and I cannot complain. Even about their CS. None are perfect. On the odd occasion that the line has tipped up (5 miles in the wilderness), CS have done the biz of getting OR to sort it.

And really GOOD news with their email today, seems we are now a low cost area. Saving yet another £7.50 a month. Why would I want to pay more going with so called top quality ISP's? We seem to use about 150Gb per month. and the internet still comes on down the same wires!

Plusnet can keep the free caller display though. The phone hasn't been plugged in for years.

Edited by 69bertie (Thu 26-Apr-18 17:22:30)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to