User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-Apr-18 02:22:25
Print Post

Re: Stay away from Plusnet

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I was meaning that as I pay £13 rental + £1 caller display, if the CD becomes free but rental goes up to £14 I’ll see no difference. But that on the other hand people who never use the landline for incoming or outgoing, and only have the line to carry broadband, they will get hit if the price for rental rises.

That the same as the original point to about the Plusnet price rise having the same effect on their users.

We’d need to look at the actual price list to see which has risen, broadband or rental.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 64872/13513Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 28-Apr-18 09:04:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
But as line only with caller display I won't see any difference. It's people who only have the landline for broadband supply who will get hit, as in the linked article.

Agreed, I had line only on PN and it was still £18,99 a month - total rip off. AA is what £10? that's a bit better. I believe Pulse8 is like £6? That's much better but how do they make any money from that?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-Apr-18 09:16:08
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Pulse8 is only £6 when bundled with broadband. Stand-alone like I and professor973 have is £13. Call 1p per minute, billed by the second. No call setup charges. Only 0.8p per minute off-peak.

If you are paying a biggie supplier for "Anytime”, or even E & W, think how many minutes that is. As for biggie costs outside E & W, look at the setup charge! 22p or something before you speak a word.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 70512/13708Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-18 09:17:42
Print Post

Oh I agree with what you are saying Bob, but any supplier that did that and I expect many will, would be ignoring the new ruling. My line of thought was would Pulse8 be able to afford not to with their already low rental, taking into account their policy is to never raise a price and there are already lower cost line out there with the same call cost. Anyway, time will tell and it was the thought it affected line only customers that caught my eye - the Wrong end of the stick yet again I suppose Lol

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-Apr-18 09:30:03
Print Post

I haven’t found any cheaper that let you have it stand-alone. And bundled prices are the only ones that have to show clearly the bundled price, rather than banner broadband and tiny compulsory rental. In effect Pulse8 comply, as the addition for line on ADSL2+ has equal prominence. FTTC prices are inclusive.

Where they offer ADSL2+ without rental, you have to specifically select the page. Just like with the major players that also allow it.

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 70512/13708Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-18 09:41:10
Print Post

Yes many bundled cheaper than Pulse8 standalone, but there are some standalone the exact same price we now pay with a lot more included features, not that I would move for features I would not use, but handy to have an option. IDNet is one example.
https://www.idnet.net/voice_products/pstn_phoneline.php

Edited by professor973 (Sat 28-Apr-18 09:44:07)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-Apr-18 10:15:13
Print Post

£16.80?
Edit: And 1.2ppm and 9.6p call setup except 08 lines where an access charge of 9.6p per minute is charged.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 28-Apr-18 10:20:12)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 28-Apr-18 11:05:19
Print Post

[re: axisofevil] [link to this post]

so you was happy for phone customers to subsidise your package and now finally you got an increase for the first time in several years you tell everyone to stay away, probably the worst type of customer to have.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-18 15:54:50
Print Post

[re: axisofevil] [link to this post]

Best to go now and find a better and cheaper ISP and pay a realistic price for good email and outstanding support!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-18 16:59:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Pulse8 [line rental] is only £6 when bundled with broadband.

Is that full LLU (MPF)? Uno offer ADSL TTB partial LLU (SMPF) together with BTw line rental, both on a one month minimum term, at what seems like a very similar combined price...

Edited by 4M2 (Sat 28-Apr-18 17:16:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to