User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-Apr-18 17:27:27
Print Post

Re: Stay away from Plusnet

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I wasn't expecting to get into a full discussion of various suppliers' prices for bundled and unbundled lines and broadband wink. The discussion started with the Plusnet price rises, and the question of Caller Display charges which are being banned.

However, yes, the Pulse8 £6 line rental applies on TTB MPF connections. Pulse8 line rental only is straight WLR3 via Pulse8 and Openreach, not involving TTB at all.

They have also been offering this at the current prices for several years. Your suggested Uno possibility has only recently become available. Note also that Uno prices (for everything) do not include Vat.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 70512/13708Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-18 17:42:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
However, yes, the Pulse8 £6 line rental applies on TTB MPF connections. Pulse8 line rental only is straight WLR3 via Pulse8 and Openreach, not involving TTB at all.

Thanks for the clarification smile
Standard User rolyan
(newbie) Sat 28-Apr-18 19:27:52
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I have been browsing through this thread and have noticed that nobody has mentioned that Plusnet is a wholly owned subsidiary of BT. I think this has been the case for 2 years now so the prices will increase in line with BT policy.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-18 20:54:32
Print Post

[re: rolyan] [link to this post]

It has been a subsidiary of BT for 11 years and the prices have always been set independently - not to say that BT does not exert some influence.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 75433/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Sat 28-Apr-18 20:55:37)

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Apr-18 00:43:06
Print Post

You've lost me now Bob - I was referring to IDNet line only, one-month contract for £14 per month with seven add-ons such as caller display, with calls 1ppm. https://ibb.co/bGJWwx

Edited by professor973 (Sun 29-Apr-18 00:46:22)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 29-Apr-18 01:08:10
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

smile
Ah, I see what you mean. But I didn’t get to see that, as on your original link I clicked on Home user, as it was defaulting to Business. The page you link to this time is the next step within the Business prices. Ex Vat.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 70512/13708Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Apr-18 11:57:28
Print Post

I didn't even notice the home & business tabs - just got a price. It didn't occur to me they default as a business provider with enquiries. Lol

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 29-Apr-18 19:13:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Pulse8 is only £6 when bundled with broadband. Stand-alone like I and professor973 have is £13. Call 1p per minute, billed by the second. No call setup charges. Only 0.8p per minute off-peak.

If you are paying a biggie supplier for "Anytime”, or even E & W, think how many minutes that is. As for biggie costs outside E & W, look at the setup charge! 22p or something before you speak a word.

I totally agree the charges are stupid, I don't use landline anymore - mine was cut off Friday and now I am just with cable and mobile - Paying the £18,99 + setup fee on Plusnet was way too much for something I never used anyway
Standard User TLM
(legend) Wed 02-May-18 13:53:41
Print Post

Thank you, that explains it. I had to read the email twice, and thought: "So you're putting up my bill by a penny?" confused

Obviously a case of gain on swings, lose on roundabouts - they're just recouping the revenue from the element they're no longer allowed to charge for.

Yes, there are some increases in call charges too, but I don't make many outgoing calls, so it won't affect me that much.
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-May-18 11:52:34
Print Post

[re: axisofevil] [link to this post]

Mines 22.99 a month inclusive, which is the cheapest its been since 2014.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to