User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-Apr-18 20:41:27
Print Post

Re: Market A exchange to Low Cost Area?

[re: kbturner] [link to this post]

No. Market categorisations change very rarely, and are determined by the number of suppliers that have their own equipment in the exchanges. (Except that Virgin Media cable also counts).

If there is just BT Wholesale and the ISPs that sell their WBC, then it is Market A. It needs there to be one of the ones on the samknows LLU list for the exchange for it to become Market B. If and when there is another Ofcom review. The last one was in 2014, the one before that 2010.

Changes in the suppliers between reviews don't alter the classification.

Few ISPs charge extra in Market A anyway. Plusnet did, possibly stiill do in some, and EE have or had an even stranger setup, where the exchanges that had Orange LLU are/were cheaper than all other exchanges.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 70512/13708Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 69bertie
(member) Sun 29-Apr-18 10:31:08
Print Post

[re: BB4Tickton] [link to this post]

Much the same with my exchange - Market 1. Now if I could get rid of having to pay any money at all for a phone I don't use, that really would be the icing on the cake but I'm certainly not going to sniff at the £7.50 a month saving.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 29-Apr-18 11:12:13
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

Market 1 etc classifications disappeared in 2014. Now Market A and Market B, with large numbers of Market 1 becoming Market B. Samknows just hasn't bothered to update any of them.

Ofcom lists. PDF pages 59-70 inclusive.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 70512/13708Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to