User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jul-18 10:53:12
Print Post

Switch to ADSL from FTTC

[link to this post]

I am looking at downgrading my fibre next month to ADSL. Currently with BT and one option may be PlusNet as I could carry on using the SmartHub 6 rather than buy a new router.

The problem is that when I go in to see what is available PlusNet only list the fibre packages on their site as my line has fibre, it gives me no option to migrate to them on an ADSL monthly package. Does anyone know if PlusNet will only allow me to move to fibre or if it is just a poorly developed website that doesn't offer all the options?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 19-Jul-18 11:47:48
Print Post

Re: Switch to ADSL from FTTC

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

ROFL
Not at your problem itself, but I just went in to see if it does the same for me. I entered my postcode and phone number as requested, unticking the box that allows then to contact me if I don't go through with an order.

A message came up saying they were checking my line to see what was available to me. Then! A large banner, saying:-
Our records show that you already have Plusnet broadband

If you've seen a deal you like the look of, or want to upgrade, please log in to your account online.

If you can't remember your log in details, or you don't think you are a Plusnet customer, please call 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.

Login to continue
In three weeks and four days I will have been on AAISP for three years!

Plusnet have some wonderful systems.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68543/12313Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Jul-18 11:55:14
Print Post

If money is the reason for downgrade, adapt to the chase the offer game and FTTC can be almost the same price of ADSL

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jul-18 12:37:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I had the same thing when I tried it yesterday. I told them on the forum and they confirmed my number had been left in their system accidentally and removed it - I was last a customer in 2006!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 19-Jul-18 12:40:15
Print Post

Accidentally like voting when paired LOL. Both of us and no doubt a few thousand others swelling the subscriber numbers of BT Consumer! Though the Main Board may not know.

Anyway, good luck with your finding a good deal smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68543/12313Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jul-18 12:41:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I am looking at a 1 month contract as I am not sure how much longer I will be at the house. BT will go up by £20 as my deal is coming to an end so I want a 1 month contract as cheap as possible - I am also not using the Internet much at the house so 12Mb/s ADSL is just fine for now. The trouble with deals on FTTC is they pretty much all require 12-18 month contracts.

PlusNet is currently top of the pile as I can get a 1 month ADSL contract and use my existing router (BT SmartHub 6). AAISP, UNO and Pulse8 are all in the running as well but all would require me sorting a new router - not ruling them out but will need to do the numbers in a couple of weeks to see what the best option is (there are swings and roundabouts as Pulse8 don't charge connection and are not much more expensive but I would need to sort out a router).
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jul-18 12:42:02
Print Post

Thanks Bob. PlusNet do continue to show why I left them 12 years ago, it may be that Pulse8 will become the best bet if PlusNet don't get their act together.
Standard User ppppenguin99
(member) Fri 20-Jul-18 06:50:24
Print Post

If you have a good mobile signal at your house then consider ditching the landline and going unplugged.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Jul-18 11:54:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
ROFL
Not at your problem itself, but I just went in to see if it does the same for me. I entered my postcode and phone number as requested, unticking the box that allows then to contact me if I don't go through with an order.

A message came up saying they were checking my line to see what was available to me. Then! A large banner, saying:-
Our records show that you already have Plusnet broadband

If you've seen a deal you like the look of, or want to upgrade, please log in to your account online.

If you can't remember your log in details, or you don't think you are a Plusnet customer, please call 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.

Login to continue
In three weeks and four days I will have been on AAISP for three years!

Plusnet have some wonderful systems.

Has it been that long? I remember when you switched smile
  Print Thread

Jump to