User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User john_tandy1979
(newbie) Wed 10-Oct-18 17:16:48
Print Post

service detoriated after changing to fibre package

[link to this post]

I have been a happy p.n customer for past 12 months on 38mb fibre getting 37 mbps so decided to upgrade to fibre extra thought I'd bump the speed up to 70 or 80 mb the profile change went through over night an today found out they throttled me back due to supposedly unstable line,which I know it's not true as been stable past 12 months was on fast path up an down now that's changed to up only an interleaved down does anyone have a ideas why they would do this when it was only a profile change to do
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Oct-18 17:51:33
Print Post

Re: service detoriated after changing to fibre package

[re: john_tandy1979] [link to this post]

What speed was estimated at the point of sale, and what what speeds are the modem connecting at?

The change of product means the DLM system is invariably reset and thus the line needs to be profiled and this may mean speeds of 70 Mbps in the first day or two drop to lower speeds.

A stable 39999 Kbps sync line does not guarantee a stable line once the sync cap is removed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Wed 10-Oct-18 18:05:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

p.n email said call achieve between 67 an 80 mb d.n

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Oct-18 19:43:58
Print Post

Well what speed has it connected at?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
(newbie) Wed 10-Oct-18 20:36:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

current conf stats are

d/L 37.1mb
u/l 10.1 mb

plusnet say I should be getting the following

d/l min guaranteed 60 mb
u/l 20 mb

Guess it might be a dlm retrain so guess 3 day wait
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 11-Oct-18 09:45:25
Print Post

Configured where? Rare for a router to report 37.1mb can you copy and paste from the routers web interface

Such a low speed suggests not DLM but something else going on, what were the stats before from opening post one would presume 39,999 Kbps downstream sync speed - if your sync was below that then upgrading would NOT have given any extra speed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Oct-18 10:04:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Does the 10 up the OP reports not imply his line is connected to the wrong service, or that PN have him on a 40/10 service ?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 15-Oct-18 11:55:17
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

It might, it might not we have very few firm details to go on.

e.g. it could be the sales estimate was wrong, or poster recalls an advert rather than a sales estimate, or they were plain mis-sold the service.

OR

service is still configured as 40/10 somewhere e.g. in the PlusNet side which can be a bit sticky.

To unravel the puzzle a screen shot of the actual sync speeds (screen shot to avoid any typo or missing important info) is needed.

If there is a worry of a mis-selling then again sync speeds from before and after and a location for the poster is needed to assess that.

Print Thread

Jump to