User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User think26872
(committed) Wed 10-Oct-18 18:42:28
Print Post

What was your retention deal? Is online chat working?

[link to this post]

If anyone has renewed recently could you post what your retention deal was so I have something to compare against?

Also has anyone used the online chat option at plus.net recently? It is just always going to a bot instead of an actual person for me - have plusnet stop offering this service?

Thanks
Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Oct-18 17:25:02
Print Post

Re: What was your retention deal? Is online chat working?

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

Line rental, Unlimited Fibre and Weekend calling for £22pm. 18 month contract. Phone deal yesterday. I quoted Vodaphone at £20pm which they didn't quite match, but it's a lot less than I was paying.

Best I got offered using live chat on PN website a couple of weeks back was £26.99.
Standard User think26872
(committed) Fri 12-Oct-18 12:03:51
Print Post

[re: cookie] [link to this post]

Thanks where did you get access to Live Chat if I click on the popup that appears on the homepage it just does a live chat with a "robot" that automatically prints phone numbers when you click on existing customer link so it is next to useless? I wonder if live chat has been discontinued as a support method?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Oct-18 14:26:56
Print Post

Wouldn't' surprise me - they can't improve if they keep on giving their service away for next to nowt
Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 13-Oct-18 10:08:40
Print Post

Sorry, can't remember where exactly I got into the live chat. I was checking out their deals at the time, but don't know if I was signed in or not.
Standard User TAZZ69
(regular) Sat 27-Oct-18 22:35:22
Print Post

Sorry I'm late to the party on this one. I called as I was supposed to have a discount for 6 months which stopped early as unknown to me my contract ended and I'd went back onto a rolling month contract.

I asked for the discount to be continuedwhich was only a few pounds, got put through to what I now assume to be retensions, this was on live chat, tried to explain my couple of pounds discount and was instantly offered my broadband which is £15.99 down to £6.99 for 18 months which was way more than what I was expecting.
My phone has been paid upfront so thats already taken care of.
I've never asked for a discount before and I'm glad I did, sounded like to guy was a bit rushed and just wanted to fill his quota or couldn't be bothered haggling.

Now this would be great but the problems with the billing system has meant I've been charged the wrong price 2 months in a row but this has been escalated to see if it can be sorted. If it happens again I'll be taking it up with my bank and plusnet as i'm being overcharged and under direct debit the bank should be able to claw it back and I'll see what plusnet do if they cut me off as I'll threaten them with a small claims for failure to provide a contacted service and cost to move to another supplier for failure to provide the service I'm tied into for the next 15 months plus any extra cost for that 18 months. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling with the billing system

Unlimited Fibre on PlusNet
Customer since 2003 - Dial up - ADSL - Fibre
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 28-Oct-18 09:01:07
Print Post

[re: TAZZ69] [link to this post]

Why was it unknown? If you take a contract you know when it's up for renewal - do you mean you just forgot?

If so that happens, but why blame something or someone else?
  Print Thread

Jump to