User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User narz
(member) Wed 17-Oct-18 18:34:31
Print Post

Returning to plusnet - not easy!

[link to this post]

As a Plusnet member previously I decided to return to Plusnet to take advantage of cashback offers.

Their online system found my number in the database as a previous customer, so was asking me to call in instead. In order to get the cashback still a Plusnet agent advised submitting online without phone number but this evidently didn't work as they couldn't add my existing landline number post application so cancelled it.

So I crack on without cashback and made the phone order again. I chase 2 days later and only then told it was on hold, then chase again, cancelled for incorrect codes to suppliers or something along that line. Each time promised call backs, but nothing.

Not to forget a 30-60min wait each time I called..

At the moment i've made yet another phone order and awaiting a date for activation and which likely doesn't include the £50 prepaid card they're offering online too.

It's my last attempt before ditching them and trying Vodafone, what a shambles!

Plusnet FTTC 72/18Mbps
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-Oct-18 22:36:27
Print Post

Re: Returning to plusnet - not easy!

[re: narz] [link to this post]

So you do a post stating all the negatives - yet this switch is just for money?
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Oct-18 12:18:10
Print Post

Sounds like PN haven't changed since I left them. They've always had problems with the installation process. As the other poster suggests - maybe going for the cheapest option isn't the best idea.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Fri 19-Oct-18 15:53:05
Print Post

As posters say, if you are considering PN purely to earn money you're wasting your time. I'm very pleased with PN's BB provision but they have screwed up every renewal and every upgrade or change. The long-suffering advisers do their best but their new improved billing system is a disaster, as you will see from the thread on their forum.

Responsibility lies far up the line from the hapless call centre. Two years ago Ofcom fined PN £880,000 for serious failures and overcharges in customer billing. Methinks it's time for aggrieved customers to complain to Ofcom and bring some real pressure to bear.
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Fri 19-Oct-18 18:13:12
Print Post

I switched back to PN after a few years away. I moved in from Vodafone as their offering was so dire.

http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Oct-18 22:22:12
Print Post

[re: Discus] [link to this post]

That doesn't sound like much of a recommendation - "even Plusnet are better than Vodafone"!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User Roksan
(regular) Fri 19-Oct-18 23:37:49
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

For the cost of a pint & a packet of peanuts a month extra you can get a decent ISP (IMHO) Such as Pulse 8, (amazing) problem free from the beginning, my son was so impressed he went for the business package - Again problem free. I never really understand the concept of going for the cheapest? And no I've not been bribed smile

ISP ~ Pulse 8

Previous ISPís ~ CompuServe ~ AOL ~ Force9 ~ RedHotAnt ~ Freeserve ~ Virgin ~ BT ~ Zen ~ Demon ~ VM ~ Origin BB ~ IDnet

Edited by Roksan (Fri 19-Oct-18 23:41:34)

Standard User Discus
(experienced) Sat 20-Oct-18 09:03:42
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I couldn't recommend them at all, guaranteed 55meg speeds, but it is only the sync that is guaranteed. Throughput sometimes as low as 5meg in peak. Left in the 30 day window along with a few others. I am sure there are many satisfied VF customers (you only ever hear the complaints after all), but my PN experience has been much much better (even though I vowed not to go back to them again).

http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Standard User rbz5416
(learned) Sat 20-Oct-18 10:01:43
Print Post

[re: Discus] [link to this post]

Odd. I rejoined PN recently using the same phone number & had no issue signing up online.

I've had a number of issues with the connection but to be fair, they've been willing to work towards resolution rather than BT's approach of "What's the least we can get away with." Although the phone line support is pretty poor posting on their forums seems to get results.

As for Vodafone, like the poster above, I had a brief period with them at the beginning of the year. Without doubt both the worst ISP & worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with & wouldn't take their service if it was free...

Edited by rbz5416 (Sat 20-Oct-18 10:03:43)

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Oct-18 16:08:35
Print Post

[re: Roksan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Roksan:
For the cost of a pint & a packet of peanuts a month extra you can get a decent ISP (IMHO) Such as Pulse 8, (amazing) problem free from the beginning, my son was so impressed he went for the business package - Again problem free. I never really understand the concept of going for the cheapest? And no I've not been bribed smile
Beer bought in pubs has got very expensive, possibly one reason why their number has declined. My Vodafone FTTC 40/10 works fine. For a company that is trying to build up their market share I am surprised that their router is so poor and that many customers appear to suffer from inadequate back haul links.

Michael Chare
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to