User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ppppenguin99
(member) Mon 17-Dec-18 13:44:38
Print Post

Some good news from PN for a change. NOT!!!!

[link to this post]

Makes a change to be able to post some good news about Plusnet. For a while I've been meaning to ditch my International 300 phone plan and get inclusive calls to mobiles instead. Both are £8/month but the online service couldn't do the switch. Phoned and there was a long wait (surprise!) so tried online chat for the first time. A very helpful person called Nosheen did the phone package change and also offered me a £5/month discount for a year without me asking.

Can't complain about that. All the confirmation emails seem to be OK apart from a strangeness about what happens to prices after 2 years. I think that may be because they think I won't be on annual line rental at that point.

Anyway full marks to Nosheen and happy to report a good PN experience.

PS: I take it all back. Just had a mnesage saying they can't do the phone change.

Edited by ppppenguin99 (Mon 17-Dec-18 13:47:28)

(member) Mon 17-Dec-18 17:31:53
Print Post

Re: Some good news from PN for a change. NOT!!!!

[re: ppppenguin99] [link to this post]

At the moment they're saying that the only way to transfer my phone plan is to delete my account and set up a new one.

Quite astonishing.
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Mon 17-Dec-18 18:14:23
Print Post

I suspect that this is related to the new "improved" billing system. There are lots of customers with accounts that are "stuck" and no changes can be made to them - I have one that is closed that they can't issue a refund for, and another that they can't raise a bill for.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Mon 17-Dec-18 19:08:45
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

I was phoned this afternoon by somebody a bit more senior at PN. He's taken ownership of the problem which is an assortment of legacy bits and pieces.

I've been with PN since 2002 (512K ADSL!) and have:

Plusnet email addresses (not really used now)
Plusnet websapce (i use this and want it)
55/10 FTTC, supplied when PN abandoned 40/20
Line rental saver

Apparently this is an awkard combination that the current system can't quite cope with.

The guy at PN will consult with more senior colleagues as required and is as sure as he can be that they will find a solution.

Edited by ppppenguin99 (Mon 17-Dec-18 19:09:05)

(member) Wed 02-Jan-19 08:43:03
Print Post

Re: Some good news from PN for a change. Getting better?

I think this is now resolving. They've worked out how to switch me to the other phone package without fouling up anything else. They've offered me a reasonable discount too.

All will be finally revealed later this month when I get my next bill.
  Print Thread

Jump to