User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Enceladus
(member) Sun 30-Dec-18 15:28:51
Print Post

PlusNet contract rollover. What happens?

[link to this post]

We have 36Mb FTTC and home phone from PlusNet. The minimum term of the contract expires in just under 4 weeks time. We also have the line rental saver which expires at the same time.

The fibre BB is discounted by £8.99 from £15.99 pm. And we have a call package at £8.00.

It's clear that if we don't renew and pay the line rental saver then that reverts to the standard rate.

But what would happen if we just let the contract roll over? Do we lose the discount?

And what happens to the LRS if we move to another provider before the 12 months has expired? Pro-rata refund or how is it calculated?

Thanks,
Standard User longedge
(committed) Sun 30-Dec-18 16:34:24
Print Post

Re: PlusNet contract rollover. What happens?

[re: Enceladus] [link to this post]

Ring the customer options team and see what they'll offer you. Watchout for them trying to get you on contracts of different lengths as there are not normally any refunds when leaving before LRS has run out - 12 months for both LRS and BB are what I always go for unless they 'sweeten' co-terminous 24 mth contracts for you.
Standard User Alucidnation
(regular) Sun 30-Dec-18 18:41:06
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

If you want to leave, BT will pay up to £300 to buy you out of an existing contract!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Dec-18 18:43:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Enceladus:
But what would happen if we just let the contract roll over? Do we lose the discount?

You absolutely will lose the discount. Phone Customer Options ASAP.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 30-Dec-18 18:56:20
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

Care to link to that offer from BT Consumer

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User max360
(regular) Mon 31-Dec-18 01:31:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Found this at BT.

http://home.bt.com/-nbsp/switching-to-bt-broadband-h...

ISP: PlusNet: Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps - Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps. Ping: 9ms.
Line Stats: Line attenuation Down: 7.8db Up: 8.7db

Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 24 - Funded Privately (Community Partnership).

Birmingham Fibre First Program: FTTP - Order placed for the BT Ultra fast fibre 2 plus package - 330Mb down 50Mb up.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 31-Dec-18 09:56:21
Print Post

[re: max360] [link to this post]

This offer is by invitation only to new BT Broadband customers signing up to any BT Broadband or Infinity service
I wonder who gets the invitations and how?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 31-Dec-18 10:59:31
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I thought it odd that Infinity is still mentioned in the offer. Because of that I was going to search later for the legal bit and offers in the T & Cs to see if it was a time-limited, no longer available type.

I’ve just noted the linked info is dated. “Last updated: 04 November 2015, 08:59 GMT”. I doubt if it is still current. More digging still needed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Mon 31-Dec-18 17:18:15
Print Post

We have the same price/deal with PN and renewed a couple of months back. You must queue to ring PN, I'm afraid, and agree to a new contract if you want to keep your discount. Otherwise they just switch you to full prices. I agreed the same rates with a two-year contract which as in your case coincides with our 12-month LR saver.

If you move to another ISP before LRS expires you lose the balance of your 12 months, unless you are moving because of a price increase.

Be prepared for PN's new, improved accounts system to screw things up on renewal but the long-suffering PN staff will sort it out eventually. Apart from this hassle arising with every renewal I am very pleased with my PN package.
Standard User davethink
(newbie) Tue 01-Jan-19 14:00:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Out if curiosity, I checked out the EE equivalent of my current deal. I thereby gave EE my landline number.
Within a couple of minutes, I had a call from EE offering to buy out my contract with PN. That would be an example of an invitation I guess.
I didn't accept it because I have always had a first class service from PN.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Jan-19 09:38:57
Print Post

[re: davethink] [link to this post]

But that is from EE rather than BT Retail - although the same parent company their processes are likely different. It is possible BT Retail work the same way.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to