User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mikejp
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-19 14:54:55
Print Post

Plusnet website

[link to this post]

For a so-called 'ISP', PN have royally screwed their own website! Many pages blank and access to customer services like billing non-existant.
Standard User longedge
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-19 16:43:48
Print Post

Re: Plusnet website

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

All looks normal to me, which pages exactly?

p.s. - just checked my bill and calls not yet charged etc. and all appeared normal.

Edited by longedge (Wed 23-Jan-19 16:45:17)

Standard User mikejp
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-19 16:52:39
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Unable to access any bills or 'questions' - interesting that yours is ok - I spoke yesterday with a guy who said they knew about the problem and were, as usual! - working on it with no time scale. Still down for me, all browsers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Jan-19 17:32:31
Print Post

Broken CSS files can mess up some sites, so tried clearing browser cache, or a different browser to normal.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mikejp
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-19 17:53:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

err - what about Plusnet's confirmation and my post, boss?
Standard User sneekyhen
(learned) Wed 23-Jan-19 18:57:00
Print Post

The NEW billing has fecked everything up https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Can... , and it all seams to be on a slow down ? terrible times for page loads frown
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Jan-19 20:16:30
Print Post

No idea on your physical post, was just trying to point out that things like CSS and JS if broke can mess sites up and get stuck in a local cache and clearing things sometimes clears things up

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User longedge
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-19 22:51:37
Print Post

Was "the many blank pages" the same page that is blank many times or many different pages all of which are blank. I have seen the former once or twice late last year (a page refresh sorted that out for me) but not the latter.
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Thu 24-Jan-19 10:26:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The problem has been present for some users since September - although the advice has been to use a different browser, clear caches/cookies, etc, the problem is actually at Plusnet's end, and is somewhat random so sometimes such actions appear to work.
Plusnet have made some improvements, but many problems still persist for some users (myself included). The backend billing system problems don't help, as the information the pages try to display isn't always available.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Jan-19 17:37:15
Print Post

I agree 100% plusnet website are the worse ever. Very badly indeed. Too slow to load, some page come back error, and even blank screen (ghost page) I try clear cache on every different browser, make no difference. It's down to PN problem.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Jan-19 18:22:36
Print Post

I must admit I've just signed someone up and I found it all confusing - the tabs at the top etc.. but it's there just takes time to get used to it
Standard User mikejp
(committed) Mon 28-Jan-19 22:13:29
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Website is still a disaster with scores of customers complaining on the PN forum. No-one seems able to fix it!!
Standard User mikejp
(committed) Tue 29-Jan-19 08:57:57
Print Post

I see customers being 'restricted' on their broadband because they cannot access the site to pay the bills that they cannot see.........classic!

Luckily mine is by DD and that has been 'called' but whether it is correct or not....?
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 29-Jan-19 09:05:47
Print Post

It was always thus. Their original design plan had ever-increasing additions bolted on, rather than a re-design. I took them to task on it around 2010. Nothing. Still waiting.

What do customers know? Nothing about how sales' costs outweigh dev costs, obviously. frown
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 29-Jan-19 09:43:45
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Just had a quick look at Plusnet's page with a handy tool, and it took 12 seconds to load their 1.25 Meg front page. It starts with a 301 (moved) redirect, and on to the main page itself, which takes 4 seconds to load. Then there's twenty six 404 responses which account for a total of 23 seconds (responding concurrently, not consecutively) of latency.

Plusnet     - 12.2 sec ~ 1.26 Meg ~ 97 requests ~ 0.103 speed

Zen         - 7.6  sec ~ 3.17 Meg ~ 62 requests ~ 0.417 speed

IDNet       - 2.2  sec ~ 0.8  Meg ~ 43 requests ~ 0.363 speed

BTBroadband - 7.7  sec ~ 2.6  Meg ~ 81 requests ~ 0.337 speed

(speed is Meg divided by seconds - 1 Meg in 1 second would result in score of 1)
Standard User Alucidnation
(regular) Tue 29-Jan-19 11:10:12
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

The whole Plusnet experience is starting to drag me down.

I am tempted to move to BT, but i'm worried i'll be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to