User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Aug-15 13:40:20
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: martyn] [link to this post]

You got the email from Plusnet? Then I would suggest it is best to contact them within the 30 days of receiving the email re. the price changes/ increases and the fact you want to move.

Without the verbal contact and explanation how do PN know why you are migrating away, best to use the get out of jail free card, try phoning out of peak hours if you can.

http://s1.postimg.org/4gsbcewz3/PN_the_email.png

plusnet user
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 01-Aug-15 14:05:13
Print Post

Ofcom say you should not have to contact them.

If you don't, then in the end you would win any argument. Discretion says avoid the hassle and let them know.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User martyn
(committed) Sat 01-Aug-15 15:54:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies.

Will ring them up then, bit annoying you can't email or chat this day and age.

Cancelled Sky TV earlier today on chat and took about 8 mins and got a transcribe of the chat by email so have a record. That's another one of the problems with only using the phone, no record of the conversation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 01-Aug-15 16:26:53
Print Post

I always make a note of the date and time, plus name of the person, of important phone calls. Something I was taught to do by one of my employers. This was years before firms such as Plusnet recorded all call anyway.

As soon as you quote those back to them all disputation stops in nearly all cases, and with Plusnet it tells them exactly where to go for the recording.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Fri 07-Aug-15 13:01:12
Print Post

Re: I stopped considering

Did you get anywhere on the free email only account as Plusnet now seemed to have hardened up their attitude http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1411...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Aug-15 14:55:40
Print Post

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

Damn! I forgot! Been dealing with Yodel for four days frown. Meant to see about this on Monday.

Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57584/13846kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Aug-15 16:01:25
Print Post

[re: cajef] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cajef:
I am not sure about that statement, reading their forums there do appear to be several who are considering leaving but just what percentage of their customer base this represents is debatable.
I've considered it but truth is the only time the gateway issue affects me is when I run a speed test. And even then it's easy enough to hop to a better gateway and my connection seems to stick with the same gateway for months on end.

A couple of people are saying that bad gateways give them unstable connections and generally ruin their online experience but that's not what I get. I just find my single thread speed dropping from 67Mb/s to 20Mb/s at peak time. That's still more than I normally need so only my engineering nature makes me fix it.

It's a minor irritation that frankly I'd not notice at all if it weren't for the frequent speed tests I run. There's probably a moral to that story smile

Edit: I'm also out of contract right now so unless things get really bad (no sign of that) it doesn't make sense to move. Better to keep my options open and stick with what I have.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Fri 07-Aug-15 16:03:06)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Aug-15 16:28:17
Print Post

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

Sorted. No argument at all. I think I went to COT, as I used the number given in the "Sorry you're leaving" email, then didn't use the "Accounts" option, I used the "Thinking of leaving".

The opening line was that once I leave, the account would be closed, so no referrals. Explained I believed they had two options for keeping an account after leaving, a paid one for if you want to keep emails and a free one for handling referrals. He went away for a couple of minutes to check and came back saying that yes, they can do that and he will get it set up. To happen as soon as they are notified by the system that I have migrated.

He said seeing as I have a d/d set up if I leave that open the balance will transfer to it each time it reaches £5. Which is what we expect from something I've read in the past.

I've noted the date/time/name in case it goes wrong.

Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57584/13846kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Aug-15 00:14:52
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by adslmax:
Plusnet & all other isps don't have Basic package like BT Basic package for pensioners and unemployed.

Yes I know. But we were specifically talking about line rental customers who don't have broadband, and BT Basic is an option for those who don't want broadband and are hardest up.

As for a line rental + broadband package, it's pointless viewing the prices in isolation, as I've already said, because whether you pay £15 line rental and £15 broadband, or £20 line rental and £10 broadband, either way you will pay £30.

Except you have to faff about to work out what you'll actually pay. More to the point, in many cases, the ISP doesn't offer the broadband at all without land line, or has to charge more (precisely because the line rental is where the rest of the broadband cost is hidden).

For consumers this means reduced choice because the biggest players mandate the combination now, so you end up getting a "good" deal on broadband (on paper because it's artificially low) but pay for it through a "bad" deal on line rental (and likely too higher call charges which are far from transparent).

It's a silly system, is not good for consumers and is not necessary. Just have the cost of broadband as the cost of broadband, but don't have it conditional as it's anti-competition, and anti-choice.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 13-Aug-15 02:10:09
Print Post

Well there it is!

About 1:30 this morning.

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57584/13846kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to