User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(regular) Wed 28-Apr-10 13:03:20
Print Post

Post Office Looking Good So Far

[link to this post]

Things are progressing well towards my migration from BT Option 3 Broadband and BT Option 3 phone, over to Post Office Broadband and Home Phone Extra on the 10th of May.
I have recieved my welcome pack complete with T&C booklet. This morming I received my password. This has allowed me access to my account selfcare page. I have set up and have use of my Post Office email addresses already. I also have access already to my free webspace, which is something BT have recently stopped. There is a webspace file transfer facility built into my selfcare page, so no more FTP software needed.
The free security package is the most surprising. As well as the netintelligence software giving total internet security and parental control the moment you connect to the internet , Combining Firewall, Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, Web Filtering/Blocking, Instant Messenger and Usage control with comprehensive reporting, the big surprise, is that the antivirus and firewall software turns out to be Kaspersky. It is one of the best, and will be an added bonus of saving what I am paying for Kaspersky Internet Security at the moment.
So. The bottom line so far, is that customer service and total account control is far superior to anything I have so far experienced with several ISP's. Lets hope the broadband is the same as I get now from BT, in theory it should be.
I have been prepared for negatives, in that I have searched the web for customers moaning about unlimited PO service being capped etc, and cannot find a single one, so hope my journey continues to be so pleasant.

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world ... Those that understand binary, and those that don't!

Edited by m0aur (Wed 28-Apr-10 14:12:48)

Standard User m0aur
(regular) Fri 07-May-10 02:14:06
Print Post

Re: Post Office Looking Good So Far

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

My Post Office router arrived today in readiness for switchover in four days time. Phoned customer services for router log-in info to use my own router. The phone was answered second ring, router log-in details were given in a very friendly manner, and it was nice not to be struggling with an Indian accent and no product knowledge as is the case with BT.

Post Office Home phone with 8Mb Broadband Extra.
Standard User m0aur
(regular) Mon 10-May-10 19:56:02
Print Post

Line, calls and Broadband switched over to the post Office today as arranged. The whole setup, changeover and customer service so far is faultless, by far the best experience of any ISP I have experienced so far. Connection and download speed exactly the same as BT at half the price. The only thing left to report on, is how the monthly Direct Debits go.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User m0aur
(regular) Sat 15-May-10 20:27:46
Print Post

First bill for £25.50 popped up on my Post Office 'Self Care' page today. Much better than the £50-£55 for Both the BT Option 3 packages.
I phoned Customer Services to find what my monthly Direct Debit date would be, and again the phone was answered first ring. So far, a perfect service.

Standard User MAN_FACE
(committed) Mon 24-May-10 09:49:20
Print Post

Glad you are enjoying it.

I left BT option 3 for Talk Talk at half the price i was paying BT. so far, so good, I'm really impressed with TT.
Standard User m0aur
(regular) Mon 24-May-10 10:04:25
Print Post

[re: MAN_FACE] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MAN_FACE:
Glad you are enjoying it.

I left BT option 3 for Talk Talk at half the price i was paying BT. so far, so good, I'm really impressed with TT.

I took Talk Talk landline about 18 months ago and got out within a month as they did not supply what they promised. from a Landlind point of view, TalkTalk were a rip off and NOT cheaper than BT. Their 0.1p cheaper calls were soon overtaken by the service connection charge and having to pay for caller display.
I see this week that TalkTalk have stated that like BT, they are raising call charges and moving off-peak times from 6.00pm to 7.00pm. The Post Office are staying as they are regarding charges and off peak times.
So far, I am more than happy with the Broadband Extra with home Phone unlimited including line rental for £25.50. I was paying £29.99 for 8Mb unlimited Broadband alone with BT, and nearly as much again for Option 3 phone. I am getting exactly the same 8128Kbps connection I was with BT, and I have found the customer service exceptionally good, always answering the phone on the first ring, and always knowing what you are talking about and helpful.

Standard User gastro2008
(member) Sat 05-Jun-10 03:05:21
Print Post

Watch out 12 months down the line. You only pay line rental (NOT calls) your line rental is re calculated after 12 months to reflect the calls you have made.
Mine went from £10-50 /month in the first year to £26/month for the first 6 months of this year.
Standard User m0aur
(regular) Sat 05-Jun-10 12:51:47
Print Post

[re: gastro2008] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gastro2008:
Watch out 12 months down the line. You only pay line rental (NOT calls) your line rental is re calculated after 12 months to reflect the calls you have made.
Mine went from £10-50 /month in the first year to £26/month for the first 6 months of this year.

I don't know quite what you are talking about, or what plan you were on, as the Post Office DO NOT, and never have offered a package where ALL calls are free!. http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/product1?catId... Line rental is nothing to do with calls. In fact I DO pay for calls between 6.00am and 6.00pm if I make any. Standard calls are free from 6.00pm to 6.00am, and standard calls, Mobile calls and International calls to 40 countries are free at weekends. My Broadband Extra With Homephone plan, also covers line rental and 8Mb unlimited Broadband for £25.50 per month.
I have found the Post Office customer service and billing first class, and I don't have any worry about cost on the phone side of the contract, as the home phone has just a one month rolling contract, with no long tie-ins like others. In fact the Post Office now have an advantage over others, in that they are not raising call charges and moving off-peak to 7.00pm to 7.00am like TalkTalk and BT.

Edited by m0aur (Sat 05-Jun-10 12:56:11)

Standard User hostsite
(learned) Tue 13-Jul-10 21:48:24
Print Post

Hi how long did the whole process take from ringing them up to broadband working?

also what is the make and model of the latest wireless router they sent you?

Thanks
Standard User m0aur
(regular) Tue 13-Jul-10 23:00:00
Print Post

[re: hostsite] [link to this post]

The whole process was about 10 days from applying online with a mac code.
Everything has run smoothly. The router I was sent was a zyzel p-660hw-t1 v3, which was not the one mentioned on the Post Office site. I think the package you choose determines the router you get.
Having said that, I have not used the supplied router. I use my Draytek Vigor that runs four SSID's, each with the protocol and encryption of your choice.
If you want to run a different router, the customer services will give you the details to set it up. i have found them very helpful.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to