User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hostsite
(learned) Tue 13-Jul-10 23:07:17
Print Post

Re: Post Office Looking Good So Far

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Thanks for info but decided just to go for it tonight,will be lucky to get 512kbs connection in my new property apparently,hoping i will get at least a 1 mb connection,may invest in a N router to work with new xbox 360 out in a few days with wireless N capability built in, was no option with post office to upgrade to a N router.
Standard User gastro2008
(member) Sat 17-Jul-10 20:22:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by m0aur:
In reply to a post by gastro2008:
Watch out 12 months down the line. You only pay line rental (NOT calls) your line rental is re calculated after 12 months to reflect the calls you have made.
Mine went from £10-50 /month in the first year to £26/month for the first 6 months of this year.

I don't know quite what you are talking about, or what plan you were on, as the Post Office DO NOT, and never have offered a package where ALL calls are free!. http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/product1?catId... Line rental is nothing to do with calls. In fact I DO pay for calls between 6.00am and 6.00pm if I make any. Standard calls are free from 6.00pm to 6.00am, and standard calls, Mobile calls and International calls to 40 countries are free at weekends. My Broadband Extra With Homephone plan, also covers line rental and 8Mb unlimited Broadband for £25.50 per month.
I have found the Post Office customer service and billing first class, and I don't have any worry about cost on the phone side of the contract, as the home phone has just a one month rolling contract, with no long tie-ins like others. In fact the Post Office now have an advantage over others, in that they are not raising call charges and moving off-peak to 7.00pm to 7.00am like TalkTalk and BT.

What I said was I only paid £10-50/month for the first 12 months (line rental) and after that they adjusted the price of what I paid to £26-50/month for 6 months and then would be reviewed again after that. I did not pay for a single call in the first twelve months that is why it went up to 26-50 to cover the calls I made.
Standard User m0aur
(member) Wed 07-Sep-11 20:04:58
Print Post

Re: Post Office Looking Good So Far *DELETED*

Post deleted by m0aur

Edited by m0aur (Wed 07-Sep-11 20:11:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User m0aur
(member) Wed 07-Sep-11 20:13:03
Print Post

Well, 16 months on, I finally got fed up with the Mail server rejecting passwords every evening for all that time. Now with Plusnet. getting double the speed at 13Mbps that I was with the PO 8MB service, with just 30 day contracts, so moving on is no problem if it does not work out.

Edited by m0aur (Wed 07-Sep-11 21:04:36)

Standard User Parody
(learned) Thu 08-Sep-11 08:23:32
Print Post

Still here after all these months

Luckily, i have a VERY stable line, so don't get many (any) problems, really.

More speed is available to me via TT if i wanted it. I know some people on TT and they're more than pleased with how things worked out.

But i don't really need the extra speed.
I don't need to use their mail servers much so haven't seen the problems you had.
During daylight hours they seem to be ok for me.

Also, 1899 still works ok.
One thing that has slightly deteriorated for me is 'ping'.
The first hop is still the same as ever, but around 10ms or so seems to have been added by the BT network at Ilford after arriving from 'up north'.

Now my 12 months is almost up i could consider moving on, but will stay for now.
Good Luck with your new provider, Plusnet.
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 08-Sep-11 10:23:22
Print Post

Re: Still here after all these months

[re: Parody] [link to this post]

‘ping’ is twice as quick here now, but I expect that is just the speed of 13Mb down against 6Mb. The speed is handy as we download a fair bit.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to