User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kenr
(member) Fri 28-Oct-11 19:03:06
Print Post

Whats the d/l limit on PO extra?

[link to this post]

I am looking at moving from PN (unlimited) to the PO, but need to know if I will be penalised for d/ling too much a month (between 200-400Gb/month).

I stream a lot of things (24/7 music especially) and iplayer HD etc.

I don't mind making the heavy d/l's outside the peak hours stated.

Ken
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-11 00:22:49
Print Post

Re: Whats the d/l limit on PO extra?

[re: kenr] [link to this post]

Never had a complaint from them, and have done 40Gb a day downloading movies. We also have Wi-Fi internet radios running 24/7.

Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!
Standard User kenr
(member) Sat 29-Oct-11 09:58:26
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Thanks, will see if I can get a mac on Monday. And start my move over.

Ken

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User myself123
(regular) Sun 30-Oct-11 22:08:19
Print Post

i do about 100 to 150gb a month a moved from PN to PO, apart from a hicup the other night , i have had 18 month trouble free and all at full line speed.

no one comes close for cost and features for market 1 users if you take phone as well , i like the free mobile calls at weekend

quidco are giving 75 cash back as well smile.
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 00:17:35
Print Post

[re: myself123] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by myself123:
i do about 100 to 150gb a month a moved from PN to PO, apart from a hicup the other night , i have had 18 month trouble free and all at full line speed.

no one comes close for cost and features for market 1 users if you take phone as well , i like the free mobile calls at weekend

quidco are giving 75 cash back as well smile.

I totally agree, I never had any problems whatever I used, though as expected I was ridiculed for saying so on the TBB site. I really wish I had never left looking for more speed I did not need. Plusnet have been a nightmare from the word go by comparison and I expect I will be back soon as I cannot bring myself to pay B.T prices, or to get tangled up with Sly or TT.

Standard User myself123
(regular) Mon 31-Oct-11 08:00:22
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Just out of interest m0aur , how much would you d/l in a typical month when you was with the P.O. , many thanks
Standard User eric_the_viking
(newbie) Mon 31-Oct-11 08:40:40
Print Post

Me too - I've been with PO for 13 months now, and they've far exceeded the speed and service provided previously by PlusNet and then Zen. When the router (Zyxel and surprisingly works better on my line than a Netgear or Thomson...) failed they got me a replacement within two days - wow! And I've never had to worry about how much I've downloaded at any time.
Go for PO.
Eric.
Standard User kenr
(member) Mon 31-Oct-11 10:29:11
Print Post

[re: eric_the_viking] [link to this post]

Well PN offered me an unbeatable deal (unless I could get llu, which I can't) when I asked for a mac, so I will not be moving now.

Thanks for the info though mates.

Ken
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 12:44:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by kenr:
Well PN offered me an unbeatable deal (unless I could get llu, which I can't) when I asked for a mac, so I will not be moving now.

Thanks for the info though mates.

Yes, that is the thing with Plusnet, if you request a mac to leave, they suddenly offer you the unlimited download service that they pretend they don't do. As a B.T. owned company, they cannot be seen to offer unlimited use at half the price of B.T. I prefer the honest company that offers an unlimited 8Mb service, to one that pretends it is the cheapest Broadband, only to get a smack from the ASA for deception.

Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 12:50:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by myself123:
Just out of interest m0aur , how much would you d/l in a typical month when you was with the P.O. , many thanks

I have not accurately measured, but I do know I have download 40gb in a day by downloading piano lesson videos. Before that, I was with B.T. "Unlimited", which was when their unlimited limit was really 100Gb per month. It did not take long to receive an acidic email stating I was near 100gb, and that if I continued to do so, my speed would be slowed right down for a full 30 days, while still stating it would not restrict the amount I could use??

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to