User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bemused_Mike
(member) Wed 29-Feb-12 20:21:27
Print Post

Post Office Router

[link to this post]

I was just wondering if anyone using the Zyxel AMG1202-T10A wireless router that the Post Office provide for gaining access to their broadband extra service could help me out?

Could someone please tell me how I can view my line stats with this router and where I can download the latest firmware for it?

I'd really appreciate any help anyone could offer me regarding these things.

Thanks. smile
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Wed 29-Feb-12 21:05:12
Print Post

Re: Post Office Router

[re: Bemused_Mike] [link to this post]

here is the quick start manualftp://ftp.zyxel.com/AMG1202-T10A/AMG1202-T10A_001.pdf

1st page gives the login details

User Guide ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/AMG1202-T10A/user_guide/AMG1202-...

stats goto maintanance>Diagnostic>ADSL line>DSL Line Status

firmware ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/AMG1202-T10A/firmware/AMG1202-T1...

Ian

Edited by ian007jen (Wed 29-Feb-12 22:08:51)

Standard User Bemused_Mike
(member) Thu 01-Mar-12 19:01:17
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Thank you so much for replying Ian. Those links you provided were great. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Mar-12 13:46:18
Print Post

When the router is received, is there any setup needed or is the username and password already in the router?

I ask because we haven't received the welcome pack yet.

(regular) Wed 14-Mar-12 16:50:17
Print Post

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

Nope, the router is auto setup, just plug it in . i would not recommend it for gaming as its a pain to get the nat of strict (i use my own netgear) but fine for everything else.

i have been with them for phone and bb for over 2 yrs, they are the best isp i have been with.

no one can touch the po for features and price especially in market 1 area which i am in
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Mar-12 10:12:30
Print Post

[re: myself123] [link to this post]

The connection is due to go live today and the internet light is still red, there is a sync but I'm concerned there's no PPP authentication errors in the log, is the router even trying to log in?

(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Mar-12 11:51:39
Print Post

[re: myself123] [link to this post]

Also what format should the ADSL username be in? The one that's pre-configured doesn't look right as it's not @postoffice

(member) Fri 16-Mar-12 13:49:41
Print Post

doesn't look right

mine is in the format firstname.lastnamenumber.postoffice@mypostoffice.com.

But it should automatically change to that afterwards, some sort of auto setup (tr69)

Plusnet also use that system more info here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/tr69f...

Ian
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Mar-12 15:52:50
Print Post

Thanks, I didn't realise that's how it worked, auto-setup thing is a bit alien to me.

It's disconnecting quite a lot at the moment but hopefully that will settle down soon.

(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Mar-12 21:38:02
Print Post

I think that firmware is older than the one the router ships with, my girlfriends has 1.00(AAAM.1)E0 on it.

(newbie) Wed 02-May-12 10:29:19
Print Post

Mike the Zyxel works very well for gaming if you port forward the ports needed to your pc ip address. this will then change the NAT to from strict to open.

The Post Office do not support this due to vunerabilities when opening ports.

I work in POL tech services and use the ZyXel AMG router and its better than my netgear DG834 and a BT Home Hub 2
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-May-12 10:30:06
Print Post

[re: LogicaMark] [link to this post]

The Zyxel is tragically bad on long lines, they had to send a Thompson to my girlfriend to prevent it disconnecting every 2 minutes.

(newbie) Mon 14-May-12 20:13:04
Print Post

Hi all, just discovered this forum after searching for a solution to a problem that's arisen.

We recently got an AMG1202-T10G from the PO in replacement for the old Zyxel that developed a fault. Everything's connected to it fine, the laptop, the phones, all apart from the PS3.

When I first put the PS3 on and go to the settings I can see that it can 'see' the router but within a minute it says 'not connected' and comes up with error 8001000a.

I've tried rescanning but it says it can't find the access point. I've tried entering the info manually but it seems to stall at the obtaining IP address point.

Doing a search on the error code I've found the thread below (not directly related to a Zyxeol router), which seems to point at some sort of security setting on the router. The only thing I've tried is changing the channel which didn't work. I'm not really clued up enough on networks to try anything else but if anyone's got any ideas I'd gladly give them a go, thanks.

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/205837
Standard User parkster2g
(newbie) Tue 26-Jun-12 17:29:30
Print Post

[re: JONXLR8] [link to this post]

I'm having the same problem as you Jon, think alot of ppl are having trouble with these zyxel routers and their ps3s which is a shame because on a laptop the wireless works great. I'm suprised there isn't more support from BT or the Post Office on this issue as you would expect to be able to connect a ps3 or xbox to a router without any trouble. The advice they gave me was to look on youtube but there aren't any guides that work concerning this router, just the pp60 or whatever that has different menus and settings. I've never heard of or used port forwarding before so i'm lost without an accurate step by step guide. Please help if you can...
Standard User parkster2g
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 16:13:33
Print Post

[re: parkster2g] [link to this post]

I've managed to find a solution so if anyone is having trouble connecting their PS3 to this type of router heres how i did it. First you will need a different router more compatible with a PS3, i used a belkin f5d7230-4 which i never had any problems connecting to before we switched to Post Office BB. You need to set this router up as an access point so just enable that option on the interface and input the ip address you want it to have such as 192.168.1.100, note this ip must match the rest of your network. I used 100 at the end so that it was outside the DCHP numbers but don't know if thats needed. Then go to advanced in the zyxel interface and use the static route to input this access point's ip and use subnet mask 255.255.255.255 and default gateway will be your zyxel router default address eg 192.168.1.1. Then connect an ethernet cable from the zyxel to the WAN/DSL port on your access point router and you should be ready to use it.

I had to change the channels because the first time i tried it they interferred with each other so make sure you change the access point channel to say 13 and then you can leave the zyxel at 6. This seems to work fine on my network with both routers available to be accessed. You could always turn the wireless function off on the zyxel and just use your other router if not.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the zyxel router, it seems to be incompatible with older technology like a PS3 or old desktop pc but works fine on newer netbooks, laptops, blackberry etc. I tried port forwarding and it didn't work. If i did manage to connect it would quickly drop off. If you don't want to use an access point you will have to buy your own router as the PO will not supply another.

Good luck!!
Standard User brandscill
(newbie) Thu 26-Jul-12 09:39:52
Print Post

How did you manage to get a thompson router out of them, think I'm suffering the same issues
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Jul-12 09:40:59
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Ring up and tell them it's dropping connection loads. They will be able to see from their end how many times it's reconnecting.

(newbie) Thu 26-Jul-12 19:05:17
Print Post

They're sending out a tech after I did all 1st line asked. Though they said if they find the fault to be with the router I will be billed for the visit! Think that's a bit of a joke as it's their router and they told me I NEED a tech :/
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to