User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User binary
(regular) Sun 08-Sep-13 17:05:08
Print Post

PO HomePhone outgoing call barring

[link to this post]

Hi, not a broadband question but just wondering if anyone could provide some information regarding outgoing call barring on a PO HomePhone line, as the PO website doesn't provide much detail on it.

Is the outgoing call barring facility capable of blocking all (chargeable) outgoing calls?

On this page, where it says that Call Barring is an inclusive call feature, the pop-up if you hover over "Call Barring" states:
"This lets you block calls from being made to selected numbers like premium rate, mobile, international and non-geographic numbers."

But that's as much detail as I can find on the PO website about this.

Edited by binary (Sun 08-Sep-13 17:23:33)

Standard User Bemused_Mike
(member) Sun 08-Sep-13 18:54:53
Print Post

Re: PO HomePhone outgoing call barring

[re: binary] [link to this post]

You are quite right about the lack of detail on the website, binary.

I've had a look through the Post Office terms and conditions and can't seem to find any additional information for you there either.

The best thing I can suggest is that you give the Customer Care Line a call on 0845 600 3210 and get your answers straight from them. You can call between 7am and 11pm on any day and calls from an active HomePhone line are free.
Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Sun 08-Sep-13 21:30:07
Print Post

[re: Bemused_Mike] [link to this post]

The best thing I can suggest is that you give the Customer Care Line a call on 0845 600 3210 and get your answers straight from them. You can call between 7am and 11pm on any day and calls from an active HomePhone line are free

Good luck getting through to them I think their call centre staff member is on holiday, I've been trying to get in touch with them since last week .

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bemused_Mike
(member) Wed 11-Sep-13 20:07:02
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

Oh dear. shocked I don't like the sound of that.

I haven't tried contacting customer support for a good few weeks, so this is news to me.
  Print Thread

Jump to