User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User brandscill
(regular) Sun 15-Sep-13 10:31:53
Print Post

Changed call centre and lost details of existing customers

[link to this post]

Any thoughts on how to progress the following would be great.

I left the Post Office last month, 12 August. Unfortunately (or unsurprisingly) they got this wrong and cut me off a week earlier. After defending themselves for 30 minutes someone admitted fault and agreed to give me £5 as a good will gesture on my final bill, they confirmed I owed nothing so would be given £5.

I updated my address to a property I was moving to and we're all good... or so I thought.

A month on I've had no final bill or payment, and today I decided to call them up. I got through to their new call centre in Leeds now they've closed down the Wales one which I think I've read is now run by Capita (correct me if I'm wrong). Needless to say it was nothing short of a disaster, after 20 minutes of telling me I was never a customer, my phone number not existing, my address being fictitious and my customer number not working I gave up.

As a last ditched attempt I remembered the lady I spoke to when she issued the £5 good will gesture changed my mailing address (ironically in my year with the post office despite providing broadband to my house they always sent my bills and letters to the old peoples home 2 miles down the road, I did phone to get this fixed several times but it seems they have so many separate systems it's rather archaic) the new mailing address yielded some results, it basically told him I was once a customer, and there is -1.15 on my account. He couldn't access my final bill, or any bill for that matter, and he couldn't see anything regarding this discount, in fact he still stood by the fact the system told him they never supplied me with Home Phone or Broadband.

I've sent them an email (submitted a form online since they've closed down the old email addresses) and am currently waiting 5-10 working days.

Has anyone else had any problems like this/got any ideas how I can move this forward without waiting up to 10 working days for a response.

Many thanks,

Edited by brandscill (Sun 15-Sep-13 10:34:36)

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sun 15-Sep-13 12:33:41
Print Post

Re: Changed call centre and lost details of existing custome

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

You have the consolation that those of us with any sense jumped from what was obvious chaos. Most amalgamations usually add yet more for a considerable time.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User brandscill
(regular) Sun 15-Sep-13 12:57:30
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
You have the consolation that those of us with any sense jumped from what was obvious chaos. Most amalgamations usually add yet more for a considerable time.

I am glad I left, it was a year of bad CS and after being cut off early I am fairly determined to get back the compensation offered. Constantly being bullied by telecom companies and it drives me nuts. Just today I am trying to resolve a problem with Talk Talk because the BT engineer failed to install fibre at my brothers new home. As a brand new customer you'd think they would want to help him but 4 broken callback promises means they're now looking to leave and start the search for an affordable broadband provider again!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Sun 15-Sep-13 19:20:58
Print Post

I think chaos is the right word. I recently switched to Zen and cancelled my DD with PO. The cheeky [censored] reinstated it on the sly and charged me 3 months line rental despite acknowledging by letter and text that I had left. It then took a week to get through to them on the phone (tried at different times from 7 am to 11pm with no joy). Hopefully this is the end of it.

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
Standard User Bemused_Mike
(committed) Sun 15-Sep-13 19:41:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by brandscill:
I got through to their new call centre in Leeds now they've closed down the Wales one which I think I've read is now run by Capita (correct me if I'm wrong).

I read the same thing a while back too.

After defending themselves for 30 minutes someone admitted fault and agreed to give me £5 as a good will gesture on my final bill, they confirmed I owed nothing so would be given £5.

A month on I've had no final bill or payment, and today I decided to call them up. Needless to say it was nothing short of a disaster, after 20 minutes of telling me I was never a customer, my phone number not existing, my address being fictitious and my customer number not working I gave up.

I wonder if your account really was updated accordingly to reflect this good will gesture though? Or whether or not your account details have been fudged during the change over? Unfortunately either will be difficult to prove given the time that has passed.

ironically in my year with the post office despite providing broadband to my house they always sent my bills and letters to the old peoples home 2 miles down the road

That is just ridiculous! shocked

I updated my address to a property I was moving to...

Well that would have confused matters for them even more. Not your fault mind, just sayin'.

As a last ditched attempt I remembered the lady I spoke to when she issued the £5 good will gesture changed my mailing address, the new mailing address yielded some results, it basically told him I was once a customer, and there is -1.15 on my account. He couldn't access my final bill, or any bill for that matter, and he couldn't see anything regarding this discount, in fact he still stood by the fact the system told him they never supplied me with Home Phone or Broadband.

When your new mailing address was looked into and it verified you were indeed once a customer, that blows their 'we never supplied you with phone or broadband' argument out of the water. They are just waffling claiming otherwise.

Where the good will gesture is concerned however, unless the same lady that was supposed to add it to your account in the first place can be contacted to confirm your side of things and perhaps shine some light on the missing details, I fear you may find it impossible redeeming it.

I've sent them an email (submitted a form online since they've closed down the old email addresses) and am currently waiting 5-10 working days.

If you do get a response, I dare say it will just tell you that without any detail of the £5 good will gesture on your account they can't issue it to you.

Just today I am trying to resolve a problem with Talk Talk because the BT engineer failed to install fibre at my brothers new home. As a brand new customer you'd think they would want to help him but 4 broken callback promises means they're now looking to leave and start the search for an affordable broadband provider again!

That is unacceptable. Get them to take their custom elsewhere.
(committed) Sun 15-Sep-13 19:46:20
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kamelion:
The cheeky [censored] reinstated it on the sly and charged me 3 months line rental despite acknowledging by letter and text that I had left.

Surely your bank should have informed you that they were trying to reinstate the DD after you had cancelled it?
Standard User brandscill
(regular) Sun 15-Sep-13 19:57:07
Print Post

[re: Bemused_Mike] [link to this post]

I would be surprised if I got any money back as well Mike, I'll give it a go though. Least they owe me really.
Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Mon 16-Sep-13 02:02:02
Print Post

[re: Bemused_Mike] [link to this post]

No. You would be shocked how easy it is for companies to set up a mandate. The bank did refund it straight away and said that if they tried it again it would be flagged up.

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
(committed) Mon 16-Sep-13 02:12:56
Print Post

Good for you, fella. grin Keep on at them. I agree that they definitely owe you after the way they treated you and it's not like you are asking the earth from them. They may continue to try and stone wall you, but keep picking away at the wall and you may well get the result you are after. Persistence may yet win the battle. wink

For what it's worth, we are all on your side. smile
(committed) Mon 16-Sep-13 02:39:10
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

You would be shocked how easy it is for companies to set up a mandate.

Oh I believe you my good man. If you don't keep tabs on them they will take liberties left, right and centre. That's why I don't use DD's if I can help it. The trouble is pretty much all ISP's nowadays force you into them. mad It's just not fair.

One of the big draws of the Post Office for me was the fact that they give you a choice of how to pay your bills. They don't dictate to you how you go about it. Being able to pay my bills for phone and broadband over the counter at any store is perfect for me. No DD to worry about and watch like a hawk. wink

The bank did refund it straight away and said that if they tried it again it would be flagged up.

Well that is something at least.

The last time I had a DD set up for broadband, I kept a close eye on it and I warned my bank nothing came out of the account unless I authorised it. They were happy to comply and I never had an issue. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to