User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Allan1
(member) Tue 12-Nov-13 20:51:58
Print Post

DNS problem PO ZYXEL router

[link to this post]

Hi,
My technophobe neighbour is a PO customer for BB and phone. For over a week she has been unable to get an internet connection and it has also taken her that long to get in touch with anyone at the PO by telephone. She had a Belkin router which had been working fine but the lass from the PO told her she should be using the router they supply so I have set that up for her(plugged it in and let it set itself up that is), but she still can't get an Internet connection and gets a message saying there is a DNS error. I had a look in the router and it says it has an ADSL connection and her computer is connected to the WLAN. Did notice that on the DHCP server tab there is nothing in the DNS server boxes and wondered whether that could possibly be the cause of the problem? Anyone know what the PO DNS server addresses are so I can try adding those and seeing if it works, as that would seem to be quicker than her trying to phone them up again - and at least if she manages to get a connection she can sus out moving to another supplier.smile
Thanks
Allan

Al
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Nov-13 22:37:48
Print Post

Re: DNS problem PO ZYXEL router

[re: Allan1] [link to this post]

If you can't find the PO DNS, try 1 of these:
Open DNS : 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220
Google DNS: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4
Norton DNS: 198.153.192.50 & 198.153.194.50

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Allan1
(member) Wed 13-Nov-13 18:00:42
Print Post

Re: DNS problem PO ZYXEL router

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I'll try those.
Thanks very much,
Allan

Al

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to