User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ajseeds
(newbie) Mon 02-Dec-13 10:48:54
Print Post

Drop Outs

[link to this post]

I have three lines on PO Broadband in different parts of the country. After a list of faults, references to the Ombudsman and other goings-on that I wo n't bore you with, they all now start their route with something like:
traceroute to www.thinkbroadband.com (80.249.99.130), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets
1 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1) 5.669 ms 23.643 ms 1.890 ms
2 79-65-60-1.host.pobb.as13285.net (79.65.60.1) 29.746 ms 27.139 ms 26.776 ms

Prior to migration, they all delivered near the rates that the ADSL could manage, when measured on the ThinkBroadband speed tester. Now the rates are about 2Mb/s in each case and very unstable. Worse, I am getting many drop outs, some lasting several seconds. Streaming audio is now impossible, whereas it worked fine before migrations. Router stats show the ADSL is working as normal on each line.

Suggestions?
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Mon 02-Dec-13 20:47:27
Print Post

Re: Drop Outs

[re: ajseeds] [link to this post]

You been switched to the dreaded TT network?

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User ajseeds
(newbie) Mon 02-Dec-13 23:42:49
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

TalkTalk is indeed where it ends up. Used to be on Openreach and that seemed to function reasonably most of the time. I heard that the CEO of TalkTalk is something to do with horse-riding/horse-racing, but I would hope that they might employ an engineer or two?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 04-Dec-13 23:43:06
Print Post

[re: ajseeds] [link to this post]

PostOffice is buying a wholesale service, so it can be as slow or fast as the PostOffice have contracted capacity for.

Generally TalkTalk retail apart from where there is a fault runs smoothly these days

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to