User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chrisbond
(learned) Thu 02-Jan-14 14:17:40
Print Post

PO issues - no phone or broadband very unhappy

[link to this post]

Not having a lot of luck really.

Spent nearly 2 hour and half hours on the phone to them over the last few days not inc time before and not getting anywhere.

Basically story as follows:
6 December - requested MAC Code, told to follow 5 working days
12 December - nothing arrived requested again
13 December - nothing still so spoke to someone who told to cancel as MAC code will not actually cancel line off, so did this
26 December - nothing heard again so spoke to someone and said look this is a joke you cannot provide me with MAC code, asked to cancel the cancellation request which he said he had done and requested MAC code again
30 December - BANG service cutoff phone and broadband, called complained took hours trying to resolve after speaking to about 3 people was told all they could do was email provisioning department as they cannot contact the wholesale department directly
31 December - Heard nothing so called again to be fobbed off waiting for reply
2nd January - Called to chase up status and was shocked that provisioning had said they would have to reorder the service from scratch. Explained I didnt think this was correct but after speaking to technical was transferred back to place new order. The annoying part came when he said your activation date is the 16th January. As you can imagine I was not impressed with this explained my frustration and he said he'll put me through to complaints afterwards to be cut off at the end of the call. He did say he can offer me a £10 gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience which i declined as it will not even match what im paying the service! Called back and raised compliant and supposed to be getting a callback from manager.

The post office clearly have NO customer care system in place or escalation procedure. So it will be 16 days for the phone to go back on plus a few days after than broadband complete and utter nonsense due to a mistake in there customer service advising giving me the wrong information. I'm considerable out of pocket (phoned from mobile as landline dead) and left without broadband at the worst time of the year.

Apart from that we've got billing issues from when they have not taken direct debts when they switched it to the new wholesale provider.

I won't hold my breath with the post office getting in touch with me, but I certainly will be lodging this with ofcom, watchdog.

Edited by chrisbond (Thu 02-Jan-14 14:22:46)

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Thu 02-Jan-14 16:21:02
Print Post

Re: PO issues - no phone or broadband very unhappy

[re: chrisbond] [link to this post]

This level of Customer Care is nothing new with the Post Office. There have been enough warnings here this last year.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User brandscill
(member) Thu 02-Jan-14 20:00:55
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

If you were looking to cancel and get a MAC code why did you agree to be reconnected?

I'd also be happy to bet you'll never see the £10 good will gesture

Edited by brandscill (Thu 02-Jan-14 22:46:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chrisbond
(learned) Fri 03-Jan-14 08:35:35
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brandscill:
If you were looking to cancel and get a MAC code why did you agree to be reconnected?

Two reasons:
1. We did not want to loose our phone number which it looks like may happen anyway
2. Do not want to pay £50 activation fee with new provider!
Standard User brandscill
(member) Fri 03-Jan-14 09:53:49
Print Post

If you were to call your new chosen provider they should be able to take care of keeping your existing number and as there is already an active line at the house there shouldn't be a £50 activation fee.
Standard User Ianph
(committed) Fri 03-Jan-14 12:29:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by chrisbond:

Two reasons:
1. We did not want to loose our phone number which it looks like may happen anyway
2. Do not want to pay £50 activation fee with new provider!

should of just gone to the new provider and not spoke to PO at all and let new provider liaise with them and after service has moved you can contact PO and settle any bills that may be payable ect

Standard User chrisbond
(learned) Fri 03-Jan-14 13:32:03
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

If you were to call your new chosen provider they should be able to take care of keeping your existing number and as there is already an active line at the house there shouldn't be a £50 activation fee.

Plusnet want £50 and will not wave it they work out the most reasonable long term.
Standard User brandscill
(member) Fri 03-Jan-14 14:43:18
Print Post

What contract are you choosing? FTTC has a £50 charge as does the standard rolling monthly connection.

Is this over the phone or online? What is their reason for the £50 charge.
  Print Thread

Jump to