User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ant3000
(newbie) Sat 07-Jun-14 08:20:11
Print Post

Post office broadband / BT Openreach

[link to this post]

This could be a very long post so I'll try and skim over the numerous calls to PO (there have been many!!) and stick to the detail...

I recently moved home - same village - just down t'posh end smile and stupidly decided to take the post office with me as a service provider! I should of know better but I wanted to take my number with me (I run my business from home) and figured the better the devil you know to help the process move smoothly! (WRONG!!!)

Spoke with home move team (which took several attempts to get the order placed correctly, but that another story) and eventually was given a live date for phone line 20 days later with broadband to follow in a further 8 days!!

Sure enough phone went live, however broadband didn't happen, contacted post office, further 24-48hrs, no broadband, further 5 days, still no broadband!!

During discussions with post office I have only managed to gleen the following-

1. An unsolicited feed had occurred which meant the initial order was rejected
2. They are looking into it ( I hear this a lot!!!!)
3. It is a problem with BT openreach.

That is all!!!

From searching on the web I am on the Thistleton exchange (which has been upgraded to fibre BUT the cabinet in the village is not due for upgrade...arghhhh!) however the exchange is owned by BT Wholesale and so all other ISP services are rented?

As Post office are being so unhelpful I've tried to contact BTW via e chat but they won't talk to customers although I was told "the line is clear with no BB on the line"

Is there anybody I can contact to get more information about the fault? Was considering calling 0800 800 151.

Does anybody on the forums have any suggestion as to what the fault might be? Will moving to another ISP get things resolved any quicker? I have spoken with a couple of other ISP's and they are concerned the process would be elongated as a result of jumping ship now.

Although I have a "dedicated customer service agent" taking care of things for me (who I have spoken with once) she has since took off for the weekend, despite giving her word that everything would be resolved and she would contact me) leaving one of her colleagues to deliver the bad news that I will still be without broadband "but can't do anything as it's not his case!"

HELP!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 07-Jun-14 09:05:26
Print Post

Re: Post office broadband / BT Openreach

[re: Ant3000] [link to this post]

If bt wholesale say there are no active orders on the line (tags) then another ISP for just broadband might be simplest.

Most likely thing is a mess up with number moving and databases ie computer says no

Post office people are more used to talktalk systems than bt wholesale which may be part of confusion

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ant3000
(newbie) Sat 07-Jun-14 09:09:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks! Do you know the best way to speak to bt wholesale directly? Shall I call the 0800 800 150 number?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ant3000
(newbie) Sat 07-Jun-14 11:16:25
Print Post

Spoke with BT sales and they couldn't see any issue with the line? Mentioned that if there was a problem it would generally request a MAC code.

Rang Post Office again but dept dealing with my problem away for the weekend. Advisor said that account notes mentioned "Open Portal Openreach" and "stuck with Openreach" but that is all.

Are Post office having problems that BT would easily overcome?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 07-Jun-14 11:16:56
Print Post

You don't 150 is just a generic BT phone line, rather than BT Wholesale directly.

Your ISP (current) or one you want to move to should be able to do a tags check for you, they have the systems and agreements with BT Wholesale

My bet is just a confusion/extra delay in the databases reflecting new location of the line number.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ant3000
(newbie) Sat 07-Jun-14 18:54:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Have spoken with a friend of a friend who happens to know an openreach engineer who checked on their systems and told me that their works had been completed on the 20th May and the line is showing as complete with no reported faults!!

It seems that PO are a bit clueless OR there is a problem at the exchange that needs raising as a broadband fault!

If it were a database delay could this realistically take over 2 weeks to rectify?
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Sun 08-Jun-14 07:57:09
Print Post

I would ring the PostOffice and go through to cancellations, explain they've failed to provide the service and despite repeated promises nobody has contacted you with a timely resolution or update. They'll want to keep you as a customer and hopefully will take ownership of solving the problem.

Shame you can't get any FTTC services frown

Virgin Media 60mb
Standard User Ant3000
(newbie) Sun 08-Jun-14 09:36:44
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

FTTC services apparently due Oct - March 15! Ironically the exchange has been upgraded since last year BUT we're not quite the right side of the county border ( even though I could practically throw a stone and hit the exchange!!)

I'm expecting a call from PO on Monday so I can give them all of the information I have learnt in order to do their job!
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Mon 09-Jun-14 09:34:28
Print Post

Good luck, though I wouldn't be surprised if they failed to call!

Virgin Media 60mb
Standard User Ant3000
(newbie) Mon 09-Jun-14 10:17:23
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Just called them and apparently my personal advisor (who doesn't have the courtesy to speak to me directly) has informed the advisor "that she is working on it right now" so I thought I'd give her a head start by offering up the information I'd learnt over the weekend!

She's the most curt head of complaints I have ever encountered!!!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to