User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User controversial
(newbie) Wed 02-Jul-14 22:09:08
Print Post

Bad network, rubbish Router and poor customer service.

[link to this post]

I decided to go for post office broadband because it was the cheapest in my area. I live in a rural village and we tend to pay higher prices than residents living in cities or towns.

It took 2 weeks to get the phone line connected and another 1 week to connect the broadband. So in total 3 weeks.

Before the working day my phone went live I tried to get in touch with the Post Office to cancel the whole order but due to lines being busy I was unable to get though. I finally got though on the land line at 12:30 on the working day. This was before the 4pm dead line for cancelling the service. I was told they where unable to cancel the services and I should wait till tomorrow. However this was to trap me in contract for 12 months. Unfortunately I believed all there rubbish and waited till the next day only to be told that if I leave them I would owe them a £240 termination fee.

I then thought to myself dam. I have been weighed, measured and treated like a mug. I decided to make the best out of a bad situation. But things where about to get a lot worse.

The Zyxel router was not able to hold a connection and regular disconnected. I had to switch over to a Netgear router which I had not used in 4 years to get a stable connection.

The connection speed was low for my area at 2mb when every other neighbour around me had at least 6mb. The IP profile was set at 8mb and with even 33db line attenuation I should of been getting between 6mb and 7mb.

Further yet there is a whole range of excuses the Post Office technicians will use. The favourite one seems to be telling me that BT IP Stream is not capable of a ADSL Max connection up to 8mb. This is a lie since when I had PLUSNET I was getting near to 8mb when I lived further down the road.

I am currently writing a letter to the ombudsman for tele-communications.

My advise for anyone considering Post Office broadband. It isn't worth the £5 your going to save. Best off to stick with BT or Virgin.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 03-Jul-14 20:10:42
Print Post

Re: Bad network, rubbish Router and poor customer service.

[re: controversial] [link to this post]

Frustrated.....

1) What is the postcode you are in. just want to check samknows.com to see what you are capable of getting.
2) You can also check https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html using your phone number to see what BT think you can get
3) Can you get the router line stats

Post back so we can help and advise

IanD
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Wed 09-Jul-14 07:48:36
Print Post

Re: Bad network, rubbish Router and poor customer service. *DELETED*

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Post deleted by brandscill

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brandscill
(committed) Wed 09-Jul-14 07:51:12
Print Post

Re: Bad network, rubbish Router and poor customer service.

[re: controversial] [link to this post]

I had the same problems with Zyxel router due to my long line length, sounds like you are as well. I phoned and got through to 2nd line technical support (well actually, these guys called me) and they sent me a technicolour router. I switched it out, speeds more than doubled from 1.5mbps to 4 (which was more that was Bt wholesale said the line could manage)

It might be worth trying to get hold of their technical team and see if you can have the router. If they don't budge you can have mine if you like!

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)
  Print Thread

Jump to