User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Sat 30-Aug-14 11:58:04
Print Post

Broadband and Telephone Switch Over

[link to this post]

I am switching my broadband and telephone from BT to Post Office

The service is taken over on the 9th followed by the broadband on the 16th.

As far as I understand it the phone line will be taken over on the 9th and the BT broadband should still function (it's WLR due to the exchange having no Talk Talk LLU presence). Then on the 16th the broadband will be switched over to the Post Office, I was told there is a delay between the two as something physical needs to happen in the exchange?

I just wondered, from a billing perspective, does line rental cease with BT on the 9th and then pickup with the Post Office and then broadband the same but a week later?

I've tried to get BT to explain it to me but they were fobbing me off.

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 30-Aug-14 12:08:21
Print Post

Re: Broadband and Telephone Switch Over

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

The dates you stop paying BT will depend on when you served your 30 day notice, even when outside contract there is usually a 30 day notice period for payments, i.e. you can leave physically inside that window but the unused days are still paid for.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Sat 30-Aug-14 12:17:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Guessing that'll be the day you ask for your mac to leave then.

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 30-Aug-14 12:57:07
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Depends if you told them explicitly you wanted to start your notice period then, getting a MAC does not automatically start the notice period as you can get a MAC and do nothing with it.

Worst case if you do nothing about giving notice is BT will presume its 30 days from when they find out you have moved away.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Sat 30-Aug-14 13:44:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've called up to ask and spoke to someone more helpful, they said it'll be the 25th. I just hope he's right.

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)
  Print Thread

Jump to