User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Wed 10-Sep-14 00:15:33
Print Post

Cooling Off Period?

[link to this post]

Had PO HomePhone installed today,

Do the PO offer a cooling off period "after" activation to cease the service without charges.

I would assume that their may be a charge from Openreach to cease the service, Does anybody know what this is as i can't seem to find it in their price lists.

Thanks in advance!

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia - Speed Test's: TBB | Ookla - BQM's: RS | AAISP | TBB
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Sep-14 12:41:10
Print Post

Re: Cooling Off Period?

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Can't you read the T&Cs? No, the Cooling-Off Period is before activation.
23.2 After the Service starts

You may cancel Post Office Homephone® at any time by telling our Customer Services at least 15 days in advance of your chosen cancellation date.

If you cancel in this way, you will still have to pay for any calls you have made and call features you have received. We will refund any other Post Office HomePhone® Charges which you have paid in advance for the period after your chosen cancellation date provided you have given the required 15 days notice. If we have supplied New Line Provision within six months before the date of cancellation, we may charge you a cancellation fee in respect of the New Line Provision as set out at section 39 (New Line Provision Your rights to cancel).

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Thu 11-Sep-14 13:44:44
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I've read them but can't get a definitive answer regarding the new line provision.

I had a new line setup to the cab as other was stuck with Sky.

I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia - Speed Test's: TBB | Ookla - BQM's: RS | AAISP | TBB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 11-Sep-14 13:54:57
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Definitive is you may get charged a cancellation fee, exact cost I guess is what you want to know I presume. If so only Post Office can give it and may depend on reason for cancellation

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Sep-14 14:22:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

New Line Provision Cancellation Charge - Post Office HomePhone®

If you cancel Post Office HomePhone within six months of any New Line Provision, we may charge you a cancellation fee of £15 to cover our reasonable costs.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Jan-15 00:20:08
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Interesting, considering the normal cost (from Post Office) for new provision is £60 {dropped to free though for several months, and still ongoing, AFAIK}.

I took a special interest because it's currently one of the relatively few broadband suppliers which offers new line provision, and to offer it free, to boot, is quite a nice bonus {combined with 6 months free broadband, albeit in an 18 month contract}. Think it was mentioned on MoneySavingExpert website because of free line installation (whether getting broadband or not).

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Thu 08-Jan-15 01:32:55
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

I cancelled within 2 months after activation, no charge and even got partial second months bill refund.

This saved me a few quid as the line could then be activated free of charge after termination.

VirginMedia 152/12 OVERUTILIZED - BQM - SpeedTest - It's The Final Countdown!
Plusnet 3776/640 - BQM - SpeedTest
  Print Thread

Jump to