User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Fern60
(newbie) Sat 16-May-15 19:52:19
Print Post

Help with understanding if I need to switch to Post Office

[link to this post]

I really need some advice, please. At present. my phone line is with BT, I have an old free call package from Talk Talk & my broadband is with Talk Talk Businessl. I am changing to the Post Office for line rental & call package on June 1st, but wish to stay with Talk Talk for my broadband for the moment, even though I don't now need a business connection.

It occurred to me after signing up with the P.O. that I ought to check with Talk Talk that they could still provide my broadband. They seem split 50/50 on that, depending on who I talk to. The P.O. said that I couldn't be with another supplier and that I would had to have terminated my contract with TalkTalk & no longer be supplied by them before I could place an order with the P.O. Furthermore, it would take them at least 10 working days before broadband would be connected, as they have to put an order out to Openreach. This seems incredible in this day & age. I re contacted Talk Talk, who said that as the Post Office will provide the broadband service on the LLU line network when they take over on the 1st June my broadband service will be working so there will be no interruption to my service if I leave Talk Talk. Who do I believe?

This is totally confusing. I don't know if I should give notice (30 days) to Talk Talk because my service will be terminated by the P.O., or if I just wait & see what happens on the 1/6/15? I could find myself without broadband for a long time, which is really inconvenient living in a rural area with no smartphone. Any help would be gratefully received.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-May-15 21:28:33
Print Post

Re: Help with understanding if I need to switch to Post Offi

[re: Fern60] [link to this post]

You have to take line rental with your PO broadband these days. The point the useless PO customer services seem to have missed, is that PO resell Talktalk broadband anyway. If you really want to get tangled up with the useless PO customer services, I assume to save a little money, you need your brains tested. There are plenty of better TT resellers. Why not wait till June if you are unsure, as from around the 20th I think, the gaining provider handles everything with no mac to request.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 16-May-15 21:37:05)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 16-May-15 22:35:08
Print Post

[re: Fern60] [link to this post]

As you seem to want to just move the line rental and calls from bt to po that will be a wlr product and should not affect the broadband at all.

Unless you have done something like ask them to move broadband too

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fern60
(newbie) Sun 17-May-15 10:31:30
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Thanks for your help. I'll wait & see what happens.
Standard User Fern60
(newbie) Sun 17-May-15 10:33:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks very much for that. It seems that the Post Office are adopting bullying tactics in telling me I have to have broadband from them.
  Print Thread

Jump to