User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User johnb2008
(regular) Wed 08-Jun-16 00:55:01
Print Post

Post Office Lost the Phone Number

[link to this post]

A friend of mine has recently tried to swap his phone and broadband service to PO. He applied through the PO. His ADSL was with Sky and his phone was with BT. The swap has been a shambles. He lost all service for a couple of days. Then PO said they could connect it with a temporary number and it 'could take up to 72 hours to get your own number back'. 'We'll post the router straight out to you'. When the router didn't arrive they said 'Oh, sorry, we're having a problem with the routers, you should have it by the end of next week'.

After having his 'temporary number' for a week, they now say 'sorry, your number has been lost, but if you're prepared to go without a phone line for a couple of weeks we could try to get it back for you'. 'Your router should be dispatched today though.' He's been without internet for over a week now.

The whole thing has been a shambles. Is this typical of the PO phone/ADSL service? Their TB rating seems low at 2.5. The price is fairly good though! Line rental £16/month and ADSL free for 12 months, then £8/m thereafter. Looks like you get what you pay for!
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Wed 08-Jun-16 08:58:32
Print Post

Re: Post Office Lost the Phone Number

[re: johnb2008] [link to this post]

£16 for line and unlimited bb is very tempting, certainly the best deal available to those of us with no access to LLU or fibre. I know a few with PO phone & bb, and they don't seem to have any trouble with it.

That said, I've been trying to get some information from them about this offer, without any luck whatsoever. I am planning to move in the next 6 months or so, all I wanted to know is what happens to the 12 month free broadband offer? I assume it will mean a new 18 month contract, but I just want to know if the free broadband carries on to the new line. Despite emails confirming receipt of my messages, then further emails saying that my query has been passed on to an advisor, there's never any actual reply.

It makes you wonder what's going on at the other end...

eclipse internet

Edited by sparky_paul (Wed 08-Jun-16 09:13:43)

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Jun-16 10:13:58
Print Post

Fairly typical of their service and best avoided - Peanuts/Monkeys ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User johnb2008
(regular) Thu 09-Jun-16 00:23:04
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

My friend has spoken to PO and to BT today. BT tell him that his old number is still available, PO just has to apply to BT. PO say that there is no way that they can get his number back!

Hopefully, he has solved the problem. He has cancelled the PO service (it has been live for just 7 days) and applied to swap to BT for phone and broadband (ADSL). BT say that they will be able to swap him back to his old number but it will take 2 weeks.

I think the moral of this story is fairly obvious. Keep clear of PO as a phone/broadband provider!
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Thu 09-Jun-16 14:44:04
Print Post

What a carry on!

I only considered them because my current landline provider are the most inept bunch of amateurs you could ever imagine possible. TalkTalk Onetel.

eclipse internet
  Print Thread

Jump to