User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Sat 25-Jun-16 12:45:34
Print Post

Re: Broadband Speeds at Peak Times

[re: bob12345] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bob12345:
May be give Origin broadband a try

Never heard of Origin, and local to me. Looks good on the face of it, but very little detail on the website regarding charges, add-on fees, termination fees, etc..

Anybody had any experience of them?

eclipse internet
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 02-Aug-16 21:38:47
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

We are a market A exchange and were with the PO for twelve months. I have had internet for about 25 years and they must rate as one of the worst companies I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. The service was dreadful and support is virtually non existant as it is outsourced to Capita and evetything id scripted. Utterly appaling speeds and reliabilty I would never ever go back to them nor recommend them to anyone. This isnt being nasty, I very rarely complain pubically but they are a total joke. In 12 years I have never seen my wife so angry on the phone until I refused to speak to them and she took over. Within 24hrs we walked away from them!

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Aug-16 00:25:35
Print Post

[re: Spuriousfish] [link to this post]

If you want cheap have you considered Talktalk?

I use them and there is no throttling what so ever. Full speeds 24/7. You can get it for the cost of line rental and just a 12 month contract over here:

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/providers/talktalk/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Wed 03-Aug-16 08:11:26
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

market A exchange

ukwoody on a market A exchange, could be no TT LLU
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Aug-16 12:18:09
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian007jen:
market A exchange

ukwoody on a market A exchange, could be no TT LLU

The op is Spuriousfish not ukwoody. I replied to the op who branded themselves as "a serial switcher." Due to this ability to be a serial switcher, I doubt they're Market A.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 03-Aug-16 14:29:12)

Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Wed 03-Aug-16 16:40:58
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Sorry (did not read to whom you replied) not enough coffee at that time of the am)
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Aug-16 23:25:02
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

No worries mate smile

Market A exchanges aren't so bad nowadays if users can get FTTC, as often the fibre cabinet routes to a larger exchange where services from major ISPs are available. This is why you can often get say Sky Fibre but not Sky standard broadband on market A exchanges.
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Sun 14-Aug-16 23:23:33
Print Post

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukwoody:
We are a market A exchange and were with the PO for twelve months. I have had internet for about 25 years and they must rate as one of the worst companies I have ever had the misfortune to deal with...

I know PO have had their problems, I dealt with them on behalf of a friend who was having set up problems and didn't really know what the hell was going on. At times, it was like wading through treacle.

My question was actually in response to a post by bob12345, who suggested Origin Broadband. I've since read a few hairy stories about them too.

eclipse internet
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to