General Discussion
  >> Local Loop Unbundling & Regulation Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Routefinder
(experienced) Sun 04-Sep-11 22:41:44
Print Post

Another LLU potential user question

[link to this post]

Hi All

My exchange had TalkTalk (CPW) as an LLU a while back but I never considered switching because the reputation and the likely condition of switching phone supplier to them was unappealing frown

But now I see Sky/Easynet is listed ??? Are they good for service and support?

For the record I am with PlusNet ~ their service IMO has over the years I have been with them of a very high standard. The issues I have had IMO are more down to BT not accepting the issue ~ but to summarise all that history would take too long :lol:

So, my Attenuation is 55db, SNR 6 to 6.5db, interleaving is on and currently measured speed is 2.7Mbps with the sync of just over 3500.

Therefore on the surmise that Sky/Easynet is worth looking into am I likely to see much improvement in sync and actual speed on such a long line FWIW the issues I refer to above could well be the quaility of the physical line between the exchnage and my house (they repeatedly said all was AOK with the kit at the exchange and never tried a 'lift & shift')

TIA for any insight smile
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Mon 05-Sep-11 11:31:06
Print Post

Re: Another LLU potential user question

[re: Routefinder] [link to this post]

you might gain a few hundred kbits/s from the use of ADSL2 and the absence of a banded IP profile, and it's likely to be cheaper. Your line length is the biggest issue though.

There are resellers using Talk Talk kit via Opal business as was.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
  Print Thread

Jump to