General Discussion
  >> Local Loop Unbundling & Regulation Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Mon 01-Oct-12 12:44:07
Print Post

Issue reconnecting existing Sky line?

[link to this post]

I've just moved into a property where the landlord tells me the previous tenant had Sky installed, supposedly with Sky Talk as well, though I'm not quite sure how much merit this statement has.

I made an order today for television, phone and broadband only to receive an email asking me to contact Sky regarding my order. This led to me speaking to some eastern call-centre where they wanted to re-process my order (good bye Quidco!)

Now, they told me the telephone order could not be processed and that I need to phone BT to register my postcode with them. Given that my full address appears in all BT based line/broadband checkers and there's an Openreach NTE5 on the wall, one would assume that BT are perfectly aware of my address.

Now, I'm wondering if the issue relates to the kind of issues users have had with migrating away from MPF services in that Sky had the phone line but have since disconnected it (there is no dial time), yet BT don't have it either.

Has anyone come across this problem before, or have any suggestions on perhaps who I may need to speak to?

ZeN > plusnet > entanet > <aaisp.net> > Sky LLU & IoW Cable.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Oct-12 13:19:38
Print Post

Re: Issue reconnecting existing Sky line?

[re: mikehiow] [link to this post]

confused
In reply to a post by mikehiow:
I made an order today for television, phone and broadband
With whom? If Sky (who else?) you won't be "migrating away from MPF services in that Sky had the phone line but have since disconnected it ".

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Mon 01-Oct-12 13:22:33
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I'm aware of that, I merely suggested it was the same kind of issues seeing as Sky are likely using BT/OR checkers for the link anyway.

Edited by mikehiow (Mon 01-Oct-12 13:23:51)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Oct-12 13:32:47
Print Post

I presume your phone # does not work in the BT Checker?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Mon 01-Oct-12 13:47:02
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I have no means of getting the phone number. There is no dial tone on the line.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 01-Oct-12 13:49:46
Print Post

You need to order a new line.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Oct-12 14:10:46
Print Post

Of course!

Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Wed 03-Oct-12 12:45:38
Print Post

Sky do not really have lines as far as I know. It will be a BT line provided via Sky. If the Sky line is ceased I would assume it reverts to a BT line. It may be complicated possibly if the line was not proprerly ceased by the previous occupant but who knows.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Oct-12 14:06:05
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

How do Sky (& TT) manage to provide Full LLU (MPF) then? Yes, the line is installed by BT OR, as they do for all providers, but it is not a BTw WLR line.

You have to jump thro' a few hoops to revert it back to BT, if at all you can.

Print Thread

Jump to