General Discussion
  >> Local Loop Unbundling & Regulation Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ponsalias
(newbie) Thu 03-Jan-13 00:33:23
Print Post

Leaving Sky LLU

[link to this post]

Here's the scenario:

I'm leaving sky Fibre LLU as I am unhappy with the service - and the supplier I am switching to is trying to take care of everything. But this will involve me going from LLU back to non-LLU. This includes line rental and phone.

Currently, they cannot progress my order as they cannot see my line in the BT checker - they are asking BT to resolve this.

Is this a big problem? Has anyone been able to do this successfully?

Cheers
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 03-Jan-13 05:36:35
Print Post

Re: Leaving Sky LLU

[re: ponsalias] [link to this post]

Just wondering why you're moving? Sky LLU is one of the better ones in terms of 1) Providing a good service 2) No traffic shaping and 3) Ensuring backhaul at local exchanges gets upgraded.

You would have to order the broadband probably as if you were having a new line installed. So depending on the ISP you will have to either pay for a new line or enter into a long contract (say 18 months).

It will probably result in a cease and re provide which probably means some downtime as well.

Full LLU isn't easy to move away from generally. This situations not exclusive to Sky though. Most ISPs have some sort of LLU like sky.

You didn't name who you're switching too?
Standard User HiPing
(newbie) Thu 03-Jan-13 08:44:59
Print Post

Apologies for butting in.
Im in the same boat as you. Im trying to leave Sky FU. I have spoken to BT/Plusnet/Zen/Bethere and tried ADSL24/TalkTalk(just to check) online and all came back with same result as yourself. Sky cant help, so Im stuck with a rotten connection and cant do anything about it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ponsalias
(newbie) Thu 03-Jan-13 10:10:39
Print Post

[re: HiPing] [link to this post]

I'm switching to Plusnet. I am signed up and they are trying to sort it out.

I won't go into why I'm leaving Sky other than that I am unhappy with the service.

Surely it can be done, though? What's this stuff about the BT database ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Jan-13 10:11:02
Print Post

[re: HiPing] [link to this post]

The phone number will show up oddly, and providers should understand this knowing that Sky is a full LLU you need to follow

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#s...

Effectively getting a new BT line installed, the existing line can be re-used. So its only new as in the sense that control is returning to the BT group, via BT Retail or one of the people who sell the voice WLR service. The LORN then links the broadband and voice line rental orders together.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ponsalias
(newbie) Thu 03-Jan-13 10:16:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Plusnet were originally going to charge me £49 as they thought I didn't have a line.

I told them that I did, that it was LLU and fully capable of supporting phone and fibre.
They agreed to waive the fee and said they would liase with BT and Sky to get it sorted.

That's great - but it's been a week now with no progress, and I am wondering how hard they should find it to do so.
Standard User HiPing
(newbie) Thu 03-Jan-13 10:25:47
Print Post

Thanks for making it a bit clearer MrSaffron. It seems that several ISPs are still ill-informed about the processes that need to be followed.
Standard User HiPing
(newbie) Thu 03-Jan-13 10:28:29
Print Post

Well you have got further than I have with Plusnet. Hope it works out for you.
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Thu 03-Jan-13 10:34:08
Print Post

Would it not be better to show all lines in the BT Wholesale checker (other than VM and any other real non BT lines) and show who is the current provider as in reality they are all BT linrs. Sky does not put in its own twisted pair to the home
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Jan-13 11:32:07
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

The Sky LLU lines are nothing to do with BT Wholesale.

Openreach still know about them, and it is at that level that providers can do checks now.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to