General Discussion
  >> Local Loop Unbundling & Regulation Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-May-13 17:59:15
Print Post

Re: Merits and de-merits of packaged phone/BB products

[re: rob54] [link to this post]

Have not studied the contract enough to answer that question but so long as they do their broadband-only range I presume no major issues outside minimum term

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-May-13 18:00:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Of course! Subject to contract and read the small print!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC - BQM
Standard User rob54
(committed) Tue 21-May-13 23:21:53
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by rob54:
OK so if I choose, say Plusnet (partiall LLU right?) for both, I can migrate phone away. If I chose,
(Not right! PN is non-LLU; see above.) Yes, you can move phone away from PN to any other WLR provder, like BT & PO, that does phone alone, or never give PN the phone line in the 1st place.

Yeh that's one way - don't move phone! My preference really. But how is a non LLU supplier like Plusnet at dealing with phone line faults by comparison with LLU like Sky? Likewise how do each compare to keeping phone with BT and them dealing with line faults? If ever we have had a line fault on our BT line, calls get routed to my mobile and I think BT aim for a fix in 2 days IIRC.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Win XP (SP3) Home, o2 Broadband Standard, Wireless box 5, Avast Free AntiVirus 7.0, Outpost firewall 6.5
Website hosting & Domain name provider - Dream-Hosting

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-May-13 00:15:55
Print Post

The actual cabling of the phone lines belong to BT Openreach. None of the phone providers, including the Full LLU ones like Sky, actually fix phone faults themselves; they commission OR to do the actual investigation & fixing. So it all boils down to how the phone provider handles the contacts with the user and how efficiently they hand it off to OR.

All I can say is that I have personally found (& I believe RobertoS has said the same) that BT Retail is excellent in its (online) voice fault reporting, monitoring, redirection whilst off-air and informing you of status. They have a target of 3 working days, I believe, to fix voice faults; after which they will pay some compensation.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC - BQM
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-May-13 00:26:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Most peeps seem more often concerned about migrating their BB alone than their phone.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 22-May-13 07:27:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by rob54:
Surely not once the contract period has expired?
The contract never expires, unless the service ceases. So the T&Cs of the contract may prohibit you removing one of the two services.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-May-13 16:55:16
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Exactly! I answered in the vein that OP meant Min. Term had expired.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to