General Discussion
  >> Local Loop Unbundling & Regulation Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rehab
(regular) Wed 19-Feb-14 15:49:24
Print Post

Cease charge for leaving Freeola (BT line)

[link to this post]

I just came off the phone with Freeola as I am having to leave them. I had requested a MAC a couple of weeks ago but I have instead chosen a LLU provider. All I wanted to know was the procedure since Talk Talk did not request my MAC. The guy at Freeola then told be I would a charged a cease fee of £30 something (I can't remember the exact amount) is this true? and if so why are we not told?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Feb-14 23:32:56
Print Post

Re: Cease charge for leaving Freeola (BT line)

[re: rehab] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#m...

The TalkTalk order should start the above process, and no cease charge be raised from who ever is supplying the Freeola service (probably BT wholesale).

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User rehab
(regular) Wed 19-Feb-14 23:41:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I was just worried because the guy at freeola told me I would get a charge from BT through them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 20-Feb-14 00:09:42
Print Post

So long as TalkTalk do it as a migration you should not get one, yes they can do a migration even if no MAC is used.

Given the rate people are signing up to Sky and TalkTalk we should be seeing lots more people getting caught out with cease fees.

Now it is possible the Freeola T&C say if you leave without using a MAC they will raise a cease charge, which is a slightly different thing.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User flippery
(committed) Thu 20-Feb-14 09:10:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I believe freeola is a entanet reseller

18.15. If for any reason the BT telephone line used to provide Your Broadband Service is ceased and We have not
received any official notice of Your intentions We will request an immediate termination of Your Freeola Broadband.
Freeola reserves the right to recover any outstanding payments due including at Our sole discretion an administration fee of £25 in lieu of the additional work We incur as a result of such terminations.

This made interesting reading on Thinkbroadband

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/entanet/4054479-cea...
Standard User freeola
(member) Thu 27-Feb-14 10:00:10
Print Post

Hi,

Sorry I missed this. Been off for a week.
Could you please send us a support ticket with a link to this thread as this seems incorrect to me and whoever told you the you would be charged either misunderstood or needs correcting.
There are cases where we've received a cease charge on migrations before and we've had to get Enta to correct this and as pointed out by other, as long a the correct procedure has been followed then a charge should not be raised.

Rob

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
  Print Thread

Jump to