General Discussion
  >> Local Loop Unbundling & Regulation Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Aug-14 09:58:37
Print Post

Overhead Line (Dropwire) Query

[link to this post]

A few months back, Openreach's contractors replace the wooden pole serving about a dozen houses and bungalows. Our o/h line was simply disconnected from the old pole and then reconnected to then new.

However in the case of a nearby bungalow, the contractors removed the o/h line from the bungalow's chimney (the highest point) saying that it was no longer allowed to fasten there, and fitted a new Triangular Bracket 22 on the uPVC facia below the guttering.

The owner of the bungalow has found the uPVC facia is being pulled away and has asked me who to contact. He is with TT to add to the mix.

The other issue being that the dropwire is now very low over his driveway and could be snagged by a high vehicle.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

Andrews & Arnold Data SIM
HUAWEI E5776
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 09-Aug-14 10:13:49
Print Post

Re: Overhead Line (Dropwire) Query

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/who-to-contact/

Several options on there

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User TheEulerID
(newbie) Sat 09-Aug-14 11:00:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'm not wholly convinced from a contractual level whether approaching OpenReach direct is the right way to get this resolved. The customer has a contract with TT, and it is their responsibility to sort out issues with their wholesale supplier. Personally I would think that TT ought to be the first port of call.

Of course, if there's a more immediate safety issue then bypassing that via Openreach is probably wisest, but in terms of dealing with customer compensation and so on, then TT will surely have the systems whilst OR is setup to deal with service providers, not retail customers.

I have use the Openreach reporting system (and it did work), but that was for damage I'd noted on the network, not for a problem at a particular premises.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Sat 09-Aug-14 11:34:45
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

I think in this case the direct approach is appropriate
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Aug-14 20:43:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew for that link. Most useful for reporting the odd item of BT/OR plant that needs a fix.

I've read through the options and suggested to my near neighbour that he phone TalkTalk first and if he gets nowhere to try the Open Reach one.

Thanks again.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

Andrews & Arnold Data SIM
HUAWEI E5776
  Print Thread

Jump to