General Discussion
  >> Local Loop Unbundling & Regulation Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Sep-14 18:28:53
Print Post

2 LLU providers

[link to this post]

Just a query really about how LLU works.

Is it possible to have 2 LLU suppliers on the same line? Say TTB for broadband and Sky for phone or has the LLU provider got to supply phone and broadband?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 15-Sep-14 22:20:06
Print Post

Re: 2 LLU providers

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

In the example given both are usually full LLU services so no.

They are some legacy and TalkTalk wholesale situations that can be different

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User binary
(member) Mon 07-Sep-15 12:22:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Purely out of curiosity, could you give an example of such a situation?

My impression was that you can get full LLU, or partial LLU - with ADSL from the LLU provider and voice via Openreach WLR (i.e. SMPF) - but you can't get voice and ADSL from different LLU providers, because there's no way to connect to two different LLU MSANs in the exchange.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Sep-15 13:42:45
Print Post

[re: binary] [link to this post]

The can be in the final line is referring to the fact that TalkTalk can and sometimes does at the wholesale level offer WLR services e.g. Post Office

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Sep-15 22:15:45
Print Post

[re: binary] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by binary:
My impression was that you can get full LLU, or partial LLU - with ADSL from the LLU provider and voice via Openreach WLR (i.e. SMPF) - but you can't get voice and ADSL from different LLU providers, because there's no way to connect to two different LLU MSANs in the exchange.

That's correct. Lines can only be SMPF or MPF, with SMPF being WLR/LLU.

This complies with Openreach's regulatory obligations as they offer the WLR product. All broadband is 'LLU' we just don't tend to think of BT Wholesale's SMPF as being SMPF.
  Print Thread

Jump to