Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Pporth01
(newbie) Sun 09-Dec-12 10:53:46
Print Post

WPS

[link to this post]

I am concerned that the brightbox has a WPS facility, and wish to find out what safeguards have been put in hardware and firmware to ensure that it is not susceptible to reaver attacks.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Dec-12 11:48:36
Print Post

Re: WPS

[re: Pporth01] [link to this post]

Just disable it (I am presuming you can?) it only causes a problem when someone accidentally presses the button on the router anyway.

Another nonsense gimmick in my opinion which serves no real use.

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User Pporth01
(newbie) Sun 09-Dec-12 14:30:27
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Thank you for the reply but that is part of the question, can WPS actually be disabled on the brightbox and assuming that it can, does that actually mean that it is still unavailable to a hacker. According to several web entries, physical disablement does not always prevent access. I am hoping for a technical reply and also information about the manufacturer of the router, so that I can pursue the enquiry.

Manufacturer and any detail of firmware or software capabilities are not contained within any of the Bright box material that I have been sent. I would like to know much more about the facilities than ihas been presented if I am to use the supplied router.
But many thanks again for kicking this off.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Dec-12 14:36:38
Print Post

[re: Pporth01] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pporth01:
Manufacturer and any detail of firmware or software capabilities are not contained within any of the Bright box material that I have been sent.
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freeserve/t/4093802...

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to