Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(experienced) Tue 25-Jun-13 16:38:39
Print Post

Two-step verification

[link to this post]

Two-step verification helps protect your account by making it more difficult for a hacker to sign in, even if they've somehow learned your password. If you turn on two-step verification, you'll see an extra page every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted. The extra page prompts you to enter a security code to sign in. We can send a new security code to your phone or your alternate email address, or you can obtain one through an authenticator app on your smartphone.

Incase anyone didnt know what it was. Seems alot of services are going this way now, with Outlook/Hotmail going this way in the last few months. Seems a perfect solution as even if someone had your password, unless they have access to your alternative email and/or phone, they cant log in as they wont have the unique, randomly generated security code.

So is (at present anyway) this the best solution to securing your details? Ive just set it up for my Outlook web account, so know unless i log in on my PC or phone, it asks for the security code

Edited by bobble_bob (Tue 25-Jun-13 16:39:34)

Print Thread

Jump to