Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Nov-13 19:27:28
Print Post

Trusteer Endpoint (Rapport)

[link to this post]

I installed this as my online banking website kept hassling me. Then I got freezes, lockups and instability, so it's now been zapped. It's a new Win8 machine running IE11. Has anyone else had this issue? As I was uninstalling it I got a message to say the their techies could take over my machine and solve any issues I was having. Do they know something I don't?

Dell Studio1558 with Win7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
IE10 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 30-Nov-13 19:33:56
Print Post

Re: Trusteer Endpoint (Rapport)

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

Yes I tried this on my previous XP machine and had the same lock ups and freezes. I wont install it again its useless.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 30-Nov-13 19:36:28
Print Post

Yes, heard this before. Don't install it, and if you have, uninstall it. it's a pile of useless [censored].

Zen 8000 Pro

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 30-Nov-13 21:50:45
Print Post

That for Santander? I've always cursed them for interrupting my login with it and ignored it as I already have sufficient protection. Must be aimed at tyros.

Have they never heard of 'No, thanks, don't ask me again' as opposed to 'Cancel'?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 30-Nov-13 23:32:38)

Standard User flippery
(committed) Sat 30-Nov-13 22:23:29
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
That for Santander? I've always cursed them for interrupting my login with it and ignored it as I already have sufficient protection. Must be aimed at tyros.

Must be a Tyros ( whatever that is)
Use on windows 7 and IE10 with no problem. Use it for its Anti Keylogging and Web Camera blocking capability, amongst other assets.
May have issues with IE11 on Windows 8, have you checked website?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 30-Nov-13 22:51:24
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

http://www.npg.org.uk/wyndhamlewis/mrwyndhamlewis/ab...

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 30-Nov-13 23:34:18
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

No, mine have l.c. 't'.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Dec-13 00:04:07
Print Post

It makes the browser load god damn slow, on windows and mac. It didn't make it crash, just perform much more sluggishly... On macbook air with an SSD even it causes slowdown. It also seems to use 1 - 2% CPU all of the time cutting off a good 45 minutes of battery on my mac. I zapped it too.

I've noticed these issues for around 2 years now. Tried it again about 10 times, every time does the same. Every time removed.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 01-Dec-13 00:04:45)

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Dec-13 09:38:14
Print Post

Never had a problem with this slowing down my system. Must be the tyros who think they know more than they actually do in setting up their computer who struggle with it. tongue

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Sun 01-Dec-13 10:37:39
Print Post

People here know far more than I ever will and can undoubtedly look after their online security. However, the many pitfalls of banking include failure to obey banks' conditions. If you fail to install their software (whether you think it works or not) and your account is compromised, you can be sure the banks will refuse to help as quickly as an insurance company refusing a claim because there wasn't an R in the month. Perhaps we're lucky that Rapport gives us no problems.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to