Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User G3UZF
(committed) Tue 27-May-14 11:22:31
Print Post

email redirection

[link to this post]

Hope this is the right Forum!

I had to create a new email address as my former one was 'spoofed' and it no longer allows me to send emails (account name is blocked).

Is there a way in BT Outlook Office365 to set it up so that any emails arriving in my in-box of the former address can be automatically sent to my new email address? Both email addresses are in the same Domain (.btconnect.com). This seems to be fortunate, as a manual redirection address attempt outside this Domain gets rejected as an invalid sender.

I'm sure it's possible, but all on-line searches and clicking on Outlook's Tabs cannot find a solution.

Over to you chaps...

Allergy Advice: This post may contain traces of Meerkats.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-May-14 12:00:43
Print Post

Re: email redirection

[re: G3UZF] [link to this post]

A bit confused as to what client you are using. You state "BT Outlook Office365". That is a mix of ISP, client program and cloud service. Do I take it you are using Outlook 2013 from the Office 365 application subscription?

You should be able to set a "rule" in Outlook that looks for anything with the "to" address of the old account and forwards it to the new address. You would need both accounts configured in Outlook though for it to be able to do this.

The alternative would be checking if there is a webmail interface to the old account. If there is then you may be able to set the forward within the webmail interface so that you only need the one account setup in your local Outlook client.
Standard User G3UZF
(committed) Tue 27-May-14 13:59:01
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Ian72

You ask 'Do I take it you are using Outlook 2013 from the Office 365 application subscription?'

I suppose the answer is Yes, as I access my email accounts via Microsoft Online Services, hosted by BT.

In other words, I guess I am effectively using a Cloud for access, with nothing accessed locally via my own PC's Outlook.

Can't seem to find any Rules to set a 'to' option, even after clicking on all Tabs and their respective Menus to see what may be available.

I can't see anything relevant on BT's email Help screens and don't fancy an on-line chat with BT in India!

Both email accounts are accessable via Online Services and can manually send any individual email between the two accounts, but as that is so long-winded, I'm looking for an automated solution.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-May-14 17:03:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by G3UZF:
Can't seem to find any Rules to set a 'to' option, even after clicking on all Tabs and their respective Menus to see what may be available.
Can't speak for Outlook 2013 but Outlook 2010 has, under the Rules/Create Rule/Advanced Options it lists the various rules. Possibly through the specified account or where my name is in the To box may be relevant.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Edited by cheshire_man (Tue 27-May-14 17:04:10)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-May-14 23:51:52
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by G3UZF:
with nothing accessed locally via my own PC's Outlook
I'm confused but don't think OP is using any Outlook client, despite answering 'Yes' to Outlook 2013.. He then goes on to saying he's using the Cloud & 'Microsoft Online Services'. I think he's just using pure Outlook.com (Hotmail) Webmail.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User G3UZF
(committed) Wed 28-May-14 05:55:23
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for all the replies so far.

So that there is no misunderstanding, this is the path I use for Logging In to my email account:-

Enter 'Welcome to MS online Services' https://login.microsoft.com
Office365 log in screen appears, then I log in with my user name and password.
'Outlook Web App' screen now appears.
Now I see my emails https://outlook.office365.com/owa/??realm=btconnect....
You may need to right-click on the above addresses Properties, as the path above is shown concatenated.

Version of Outlook is Outlook13. This is not a Local copy on my PC.

Hope this helps to explain the situation?

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-May-14 10:05:34
Print Post

OK, so it looks like BT are using the standard Office 365 email.

You should have a cog in the top right hand corner. That gives a menu with "Options". Within options is "Email Forwarding". Follow the prompts to set it up to forward to another account (you may need to "verify" your account by getting a text sent to your mobile number).

Assuming BT haven't had this function disabled then this should do what you want.
Standard User G3UZF
(committed) Thu 29-May-14 08:12:55
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

ian72

I can see the 'cog'. Looks just what I need.

Will try setting it up later Today (after a Dental Appointment!) to see what happens.

Thanks again.

Standard User G3UZF
(committed) Thu 29-May-14 12:40:24
Print Post

ian72

The 'cog' works a treat- now able to automatically send emails to my second account!

P.S. Dentist was expensive, but they always are; so much for the NHS.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-May-14 13:00:28
Print Post

Cool, glad to help.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to